• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 thumbnails not showing edits

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Bridge to the new version, and now my thumbnails are not showing the edits I have made in ACR. When I re-open a file in ACR, the edits are there, but I just can't see them in my thumbnail view in Bridge.  Help!

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Hi Gary -

I assumed you were just helping out and not paid - which is why I asked if you knew of somewhere else I could seek help! Thank you for your time! I know a lot of nuance is lost in virtual communication, but I wasn't trying to be snarky!

I did figure out the issue. Under the thumbnail quality options - Browse Quickly By Preferring Embedded Images was selected instead of Always High Quality.

Just in case it matters for someone else who reads: I am running:
Windows 10
Bridge 10.1.1
Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge cache for folder (that folder). 

If that works then do the same but also go to same place Cache -> Manage cache -> select "Clean up cache + Purge all local cache files."

Let us know if that works, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that, and no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc do you know if there is another way to get help with this issue? This is really putting a cramp in my workflow and I have several deadlines to meet. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for my absense. I do this to help, I am not paid and I do (occasionally) do other things (;>)).

Can you please let me know what your OS is (and what release)?

Also you said you just updated Bridge, can you please add what the release version is?

What version (and release) of Photoshop you have?

and lastly

What release version of ACR are you using?

Oh, one more: what camera are you using and do you leave the images raw or do you ever convert them to DNG?

It's hot, I should be on my computer most of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary -

I assumed you were just helping out and not paid - which is why I asked if you knew of somewhere else I could seek help! Thank you for your time! I know a lot of nuance is lost in virtual communication, but I wasn't trying to be snarky!

I did figure out the issue. Under the thumbnail quality options - Browse Quickly By Preferring Embedded Images was selected instead of Always High Quality.

Just in case it matters for someone else who reads: I am running:
Windows 10
Bridge 10.1.1
Photoshop 21.2.2
ACR 12.4

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Slinn,

Oh of course. I feel dumb not thinking of that. 

There are so many nooks and cranies with these applicaitons that one's mind gets trapped into thinking in one directin as opposed to sticking ones head out of the clouds and looking at other directions. 

I do appreciate your passing this on, I will learn from it as I do from many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! I'm just glad it was something simple ha ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Slinn!  I was just having this same problem and your solution did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines