• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 V10 too slow on Windows 10 OS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge V10 too slow.   Running on HP intel i7, SSD, Geforce950m, windows 10.  Uninstalled V10 and reinstalled v9.1

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Bridge is running slow on your system. Could you please let us know when you experience the slowness in Bridge?

Please try the steps mentioned in this article to troubleshoot any performance issues with Bridge. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Bridge 2020 is very slow when you open a file in camera raw for editing. It takes forever to change anything like auto settings. It sometimes crashes completely. And, if fact, it also crashed my entire Windows 10 operating system. I had to rebuild Windows from a mirror file I created before updating my Creative Cloud software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If windows is crashing its a hardware driver issue.

Usually do to old video drivers, antivirus software, or corrupt registery settings.

If you can go to administrative tools, event viewer/windows logs/application

Select a Brdige crash report.

Go to panel on right "select copy as text" and post the contents of the report here.

based on the report we shpould be able to establish what is going wrong with your system.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ibm007,

Thank you for your quick reply. I further assessed my situation, and I was able to achieve significant improvement in the speed of Bridge and Camer Raw. Here is what I did:

First, I purged the Camer Raw cashe, increased the bridge cashe size from 100,000 to 300,00, moved its location to my fasted hard drive, and restarted my computer.

Then, I checked the NVIDIA website to ensure that I have the best driver for my new display adaptor (NVIDIA GForce RTX 2070 Super), and found that the installation installed the driver for gamers. NVIDIA recommends another driver for content creators. So, I downloaded and installed the recommended driver.

Then I used a registry cleaning software to remove all registry entries and again restarted the computer. Things now look a lot better than before.

Definitely, Bridge 2020 is a lot slower than its previous version. But, with optimum configurations, speed will improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you resolved the issue. I don' thave time right now to follow those steps but I bookmarked this.

Can you tell me what software you used to clean the registries? I have a feeling it's causing other problems as well.

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Ccleaner.

Its free and safe.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a video showing both Bridge 2020 and Bridge 2019, creating thumbnails under the same conditions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great you made a video.

I believe you. 

On certain machines appears to be slower.

I asked for you to post crash reports.

Bridge 2019 and 2020 are two computer different programs.

Bridge 2020 does more things, is more complex and will be slower on some machines.

It has a different rendering api.

You can go back to when Bridge 2019 came out and some people had the same issues.

My concern  is the crashes you are having. It indicates your OS is not stable.

Post a crash report and lets see if something can be determined.

It also maybe causing your performance issues.

Jim

Provide a screen shot of your performance panel settings under preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,  I am not having crashes.   Just the perofrmane issue.  The OS is Windows 10 up to date.  Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FACT: There's something wrong with Bridge for so many people to be having this issue. I'm running a very stable 32-core with 2x 2070super video cards and 128GB RAM. And yet Bridge is unusable. It is Adobe's program that's in error, not everyone else.

I understand that you need to look at crash reports, but when the person is letting you know that Bridge is not crashing, just hanging (as in my case) there are NO crash reports; hence your response doesn't help. 

Please, when there is a decent answer/fix for this problem, let us know.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Loading thumbnails is painfully slow, but also after a folder has loaded there is extreme lag navigating the files within. It's borderline unusable for me. No crashing, just bad performance. Opening and processing files in Camera RAW seems normal, Photoshop isn't struggling at all. Navigating the same folders in Capture One is speedy, no lag at all. 

System:

Windows 10 Pro (latest version)

i7-5820k

Optane 900 280GB PCIe SSD

Crucial 2TB SATA SSD

RTX 2080

64GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Bridge 2020 super slow. No problems with 2019 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having massive problems with it too.  

We have six computers running Bridge, two of them are on the new version and are running like dogs.  

It is not our computers, they are extremely capable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having huge problems with the latest Adobe bridge V10.0.3. Lagging, slow, takes forever and I am at the point I don't want to use it.
my PC is Windows 10 home. intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7820x CPU @3.6GHZ ram 32 - 64 bit operating system 

UPDATE: I opened up Bridge 2018 - absolutely no issues what so ever, everything runs smoothly and super fast.
As soon as I open up Bridge 2019 or 2020 I am lagging, hanging, super slow. 
Why would the current versions be so slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me. Importing, selecting, rating, moving files, everything takes ages. It really is a pain.I've tried resetting the preferences, clearing cache etc... nothing works.

This software has always been very useful for me, first thing I launch everyday. But every new version since the last few years seem to bring no useful new feature and only deprecate performance. Can't you just keep things SIMPLE, fast and effective ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up rolling back to Bridge 2018.  I'm running the latest RAW version 12.4 with that and the latest version of Photoshop 2020.  Huge improvement over both Bridge 2020 and Bridge 2019.  It's a workaround if you have no other solutions being offered by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED. Bridge used to be useful and helpful. Now it's almost useless to me. Totally ruins my whole day, mood, and experienc.

Mark @ MCO Fine Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest update (Bridge v. 11) release this past week? I've found it much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v11 is exactly what made me scream and shout! It's freaking freezes my two machines. It WAY worse than v10. I will have to get back to 2018. Not sure what for I've been paying to Adobe, every new version is MUCH WORSE than the previous one, I am forcfully "upgraded" to a slower software and more and more ugly UI  and morover their support does not answer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to v11.0 (+camera raw v13.0) - finding it quite quick.
Obviously uses embedded thumbnails first - then applies adjusted changes later (on raw files) - that is a little slow, but understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me.  I close the Bridge.  I open the Bridge parameter folder.  I delete the data folder.  I restart the Bridge.  The Bridge works normally for a time.  All thumbnails and images are preserved.

Adobe doesn't seem to get that customers' time matters.  This is the only program I have that I can wait 15 seconds before it will let me ASK it to open a file.  All my other applications may take time to open  a file, but they take instructions much faster than the Bridge, which is often dong something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. SUPER frustrating. Have done all the updates.  Not happy.

Mark @ MCO Fine Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have very similar results per the video - Bridge 2020 thumbnail rendering is WAY slower.
Pertinent settings in Bridge 2020:
- Use Software Rendring : Off

- Generate Monitor Site Previews : Off
- Detail : Prefer Embedded images
- Thumbnails  : Prefer THumbnail Generation over Preview Generation

Have noticed also that it only tries to render the current viewable thumbnails e.g. if 20 of 200 are visible - will only try to render those 20.
So will max the CPU for 20 then stop - it would be good if there was a setting where you could tell it to continue to render all the images in the folder. At the moment if I scroll past 20 to 21 - I have to wait again. Rendering in advance would be great

Is there some way of downloading + installing Bridge 2019 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there some way of downloading + installing Bridge 2019 ?

Ah - found this link showing how to install the previous version:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines