• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2021 upgrade: freezes on launch and changes my colour profile settings to default

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed all my colour profiles have defaulted to North American Prepress today, and so launched Bridge to reset them. This seems to happen with every major upgrade to the Creative Suite – a huge pain as it isn't always obvious until I'm at the end of a project. Even more devastating when it is a Photoshop layered project. Grrr...

Anyway, upon launching (the first time since the upgrade to 2021) I have the spinning beachball of death. Activity Monitor shows it is unresponsive, and using 97% of my CPU.

My system:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Processor: 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 570 4 GB

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Have you tried rebuilding Bridge's Preferences?

Here’s how:  When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tkayed 

Thank you for feedback.

Could you share the following details about the issue:
- Bridge version
- Is the issue specific to particular files/formats? ( Files in Folder you opened in Bridge)
Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.comAlso, for Bridge version 11.0.2.123, In the preview settings menu, we have added new Preview Quality options. Switch to Standard preview Quality settings if you on High settings.

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Bridge 2021 version 11.0.2.123 – I cannot access it to change preview options as it will not launch completely. I can see the open application window, but as it is hanging from launch I cannot access menus, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

below are screenshots of the application as I tried to launch again today.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.42.50.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.45.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these are better screenshots of th Activiy Monitor.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.51.08.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.52.20.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.52.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rebuilding Bridge's Preferences?

Here’s how:  When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thanks, Gary. Unfortunately I had to "Reset preferences", purging thumbnail cache alone didn't do it. Now to see if it stays up and stable.  :-]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines