Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2022 Issues with Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since the last updates, batch processing from Bridge has become extremely slow, so much so that just trying to open and export as jpgs (tools/photoshop/image processor) is so slow its a walk away for 20 minutes whilst it converts just 15 images to jpgs

I think the issue is camera raw.

Everything from creative cloud says up to date (see image 1)

However i notice there is no open option on camera raw like all the other apps.

Also 

When i click on an image in Lightroom Classic to edit in photoshop i get the message as seen in Image 2

When i click on the Help menu in Photoshop like it asks, it says everything is up to date (Image 3)

I have tried all options as i have found online ie cache but this all started since the last updates.

Is it a case of put up with it until the next update/fix as its becoming unusable as its so slow and up to recently it was fine and i have done nothing different in my process or to my Mac

Thanks

Lee

TOPICS
Camera RAW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leem,

Have you Purged the cache for the folders you are in?

Refresh your cache. 

Go into your Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Manage Cache ... and you'll get a window popping up:

gary_sc_0-1659965892851.png

Select the button (in the red rectangle), click "Next" and follow along.

Have you rebuilt Bridge's Preferences?

To reset Preferences:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt-Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache,” and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Let us know if either (or both) of these help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you.

i Have tried both of those and thank you for the suggestion but its the same slow process.

The fact when i right click on an image in Lightroom to edit in photoshop and it tells me "this version of Lightroom (latest Classic v 11.4.1)  may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 14.4.1 for full compatability" then says Please update the camera raw plug in using the update tool available in the Photoshop Help menu tells me its an issue with camera raw i think as the Help menu plus my creative cloud says camera raw is up to date but i only started getting this message recently after updating the latest updates and thats where the speed issue began.

My camera raw in creative cloud says version 14.4

When i open Camera Raw in PS it says Version 14.4.0.1121

Everything else works fine, LR, PS editing etc its just that final stage where i use Bridge to convert to JPGS in batch thats the issue.

Hopefully the next update will sort itself out. 

Thanks

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I'm processing 16 jpgs and it is taking forever.  Following this thread for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried resetting preferences and cleaning out the cache, it is still running very slow....help Adobe!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, was a very good suggestion inc reset but did not help unfornatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines