Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Bridge 2022 Ver 12 not recognizing Folders on External HD

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my images in folders on my external Hard Drives. Adobe Bridge 2022, Version 12.0.0.234 shows theexternal Hard Drives, but will not show the folders on the hard drives. I run an iMac with Monterey 12.0.1

Bridge 2021 works fine.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you updated your system, you need to update the permissions for the applications on your hard drive. So it's back to the Security and Privacy tab in your system prefs.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1637627049824.png

gary_sc_1-1637627049825.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Works! Thanks for the clearly described solution.

Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I've just downloaded the new Bridge 2023 update and the most recent PS update 24.0.0 yet can only see PS listed in Full Disc access although both appear in Files and Folders. So, I can't access files on my external Lacie drive from Bridge. Any suggestions besides downloading an earlier version?

Thanks

Mike 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, 

I solved the problem, had to add it to the Full Disc Access list from my apps.

Thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines