Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 doesn't open images on a 2nd time

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I have bridge 2023, and then click on an image in Windows Explorer, it opens the image in Bridge, but if I click another image in windows explorer while the bridge is open, the new image doesn't show up, I have to close the bridge and click on the image to get it open in Bridge. How to solve this issue?

Thanks

Biju

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Biju,

Is it possible that you have your file association to open - say - every .jpeg you have with Bridge (instead of the photo viewer or photoshop?

That said, Bridge is in itself an explorer, the fact that you want to open a file from explorer TO bridge seems a bit confusing, unless it's a specific use I didn't think of. Generally, you open Bridge, and you use Bridge to open the photo, using bridge as an elevated explorer.

In any case, check if you have Bridge set as default to open your photos, by right clicking to the thumbnail of the file, select "open with" then at the end of the list you'll find "choose another app", and you'll be able to choose the default app by selecting it, and choose "always" button at the bottom.
This is for Windows, I have no idea on a Mac, but I'm sure it should be pretty similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines