• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Br Team,

• 13.0.1 but the same is with 13.0.2
  • Windows 10
  • I don't understand what are these profiles for, especially regarding Br - earlier everything was kind of automatic and there was no differences. Especially that recently I resigned from calibrating the main monitor because some issues appeared and even on native settings the colors were correct
  • As I remeber that was Europe General Purpose 3 setting , but the same was with others
  • I use EIZO SX2262W monitor as main (set Adobe RGB in Ps) and old NEC EA192M (without any profile) as additional to display the menu windows of PS and sometimes for auxiliary windows of Br.
  • Sampels doesn't matter I suppose, because this differences in colors displaying are visible on every kind of files (RAW. TIF, JPEG, PNG)

That's why I downgraded to the old version, also because I can't get used to the new workflow, which slows down my work since I've been working on Adobe for over 20 years.

Thanks,

Jakub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for sharing the information.
We are investigating this issue at our end. Meanwhile can you please try following things:
A. Check the color profile of both Monitors. If its not same, please do the same settings for both monitors.
Steps:
1. Search for "Color Management" in window serach bar.
2. Verify the color settings from the dialog for device1 and device2 (selecting device from the drop down)
3. Color settings and value of "Use my settings for this device" check box for both devices should be same.

B. Can you please check the color settings dialog in Bridge if it is synchronized. If not, please update the color profile setting from Bridge once, it will sync the color profile across all Creative cloud apps.
Steps:
1. Go to Edit > Color Settings ...
2. Select the desired color profile and apply

Please confirm, if it resolves your issue.

 

Thanks,
Bridge Team

D2-monitor-color-profile.png

 

TanuGoel_0-1674736438764.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. For details, see https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-13-0-3-686/td-p...

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Could you please try it and confirm if that resolves the issue for you? 

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying 13.0.1 again and uninstalling it because it's unworkable, I went back to 12.0.3. Unfortunately, despite deleting all preferences and cleaning everything I can, every launch of 12.0.3 ends with a crash after every attempt to preview photos, and sometimes even without any action. Massacre. I'm stuck with work and can only go for a beer. I think I'm going to say goodbye to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after completely reinstalling CC, there is still a 12.0.3 crash. What this is about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely trying to install 13.0.1 caused a problem with 12.0.3. There was no such problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with the Bridge update as well. The File>Import from Device is the only feature I used in Bridge and it's missing now. The Photo Downloader is a joke. It's slow, doesn't show the video thumbnails and organizes my photos in buckets that I don't want. Where is the import feature? It was WAY better. It worked fast and simply and I could see all my thumbnails. 

What was the point of removing it? Now I have to find an entirely new way of importing content from my phone. I really hate it when adobe does this kind of crap. They delete a feature and it screws up my whole workflow.  

Why are they forcing us to use the Photo Downloader? It's terrible. They need to let go of crap that doesn't work and give us featuers that are actually helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import from Device is a Mac-only feature that simply calls the built-in Image Capture app. You can use that without Bridge.

https://support.apple.com/guide/image-capture/welcome/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest Bridge update (Mac OS v13.0.1), I am still experiencing an issue that I had with 13.0.0.

I created aliases to both network directories and local directories in Finder. I added these aliases to the Favorites panel. I have been using this technique to organize various projects I work on. The nice thing about this is that I can name the aliases whatever I want so my names are more intuitive than whatever they are named on the remote Box server. 

This has worked without issue up until Bridge 2023. With Bridge 2023, nothing happens afer clicking on these aliased items in Favorites. Clicking on an unaliased Favorite item loads the contents of the directory in the Content pane as expected.  

I made a post about this early in this thread. Reposting in case anyone at Adobe is paying attention and cares to address it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcuts are working for me in Windows 10 Pro. I'll have to check later to see if aliases work on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have some performance issues, believe it or not I feel like previous version running @ rosetta felth faster, I feel that this version, though that it is m1 native, with the latest updates etc. generates previews way slower and even feels lugy (and im using embedded previews), it also feels slow even when selecting a photo or scrolling, that happens on a one year old 14" macbook pro. Im thinking of going back to 12. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please fix the file associations issues once and for all. It's an issue for many years. I had to deinstall Photoshop and install it again, because the usual suggestion for a solution is, to do so. Of course it wasn't working (it never did) and it's actually a bug in Photoshop as suspected. However, before I was able to open PDF's in Photoshop via the "Open in..." dropdown menu. And now, it's gone again and the only way to open PDF's in Photoshop is, to make it the default option to open it in Photoshop. And as soon as I remove it from the default position, it's completely gone form the list again. Bridge doesn't even realize that I have Photoshop V24 installed. I have to pick the EXE file via the file browser to associate it. It recognizes none of my installed PS versions. How hard can this be. 

And I know - the solution once again is "Deinstall everything and install it back again". Or better - buy a new PC and try if it works. But no - I'm done with spending hours of backing up settings and uninstalling and installing programs just because Adobe doesn't care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone installed today's Br and Ps update? I don't know if it's worth wasting my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi qbishon,

all your problems look like they are entirely created by you ... it seems.

I have NO problems with Bridge and she works pefectly. (version 2023 now)

- the first question ... I don't understand at all ... "Enter works like a cursor ...?"

- colours different from PS: ... Bridge > Edit > Color Settings > do you have it set to "Synchronized" ? Like this it should show in PS the same

- thumbnail size: Ctrl + scroll works fine here, even though I've never used it that way. Magnifying glass...??? I just use the slider at the bottom.

- Layout: I can create any layout I want (as it always was), save it and is always available / last one used opens, and can be picked from the lineup at the top, from which I eliminated most factory presets but created my own.

Well, I know I'm not much of a help with fixing your issues but maybe start with resetting bridge to default settings and start from the beginning.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tele55 

Hi, Well, I already did a total system reset and reinstalled everything from scratch, but still some problems persist. I downgraded to the old versions of Ps and Br, because I really prefer the previous workflow, the more that, for example there are no color differences in them. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

why am I getting these notifications? What problems? I never noticed any problems with Bridge and everything worked fine in the past.

My version is 2023. version 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, Thank you for keeping us informed and I'm glad you are putting it out as a beta. This should have been the way you introduced the 2023 version. It would have saved alot of screaming. I'm willing to give it a go except for one thing. Adobe seems to have a very short memory with the Export Panel. Alot of people abandoned Bridge the last time you broke the Export function and those people campaigned for a long time to stop you from locking out Bridge when the export function was running.  I need to be working on a different set of images while 600 wedding images covert. Then you do it again with 2023?? As much as I love making cups of tea, I'd be swimming in it if I used this version. Please stop making things worse for the professional's workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given up and delered Bridge. Unusable fro me now for many of the reasons above but mostly because it is consuming huge amounts of memoery now and either freezez or crashes constantly. Even finder is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set "View > Sort" to always go (and stay) as "By Type"? Default is set to "By Fileneame" for every new tab, which is massively annoying, as folders will not sit as the first item, but randomly amidst other files down the scroll. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no use for Bridge 13. My 2019 Mac at work has a GPU that is no longer fully supported and budgets are tight here, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do when all support is ended. I'm experiencing the los of scrolling in the way you described, even in Bridge 12.04. The changes in Bridge 13 are the most vexing I have ever seen in an Adobe app "upgrade" and I find the lack of multiple windows, changes in the layout and key commands a huge hindrance to the way I work. I uninstalled 13 and went back to 12 months ago. I can't imagine what Adobe was thinking. The lack of multiple windows is maybe the biggest drawback, and the loss of the ability to change from a sidebar of thumbnails with one large image featured to a grid of thumbnails by pressing the tab key is a pain. It's as if the programmers have never used Bridge in a real photographer/graphic designer workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to give up on Bridge.  For all the reasons you mention but mostly because it crashed EVERY time I use it. I make do with finder and Light room now but it is much less useful tha Bridge used to be before they completely messed it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only repeat - Bridge works fine and I love it! I'm actually surprised how much better it gets every time.

Whatever you guys are talking about, I have non of these issues and somehow it must be caused by you or your machine. Otherwise I would have problems too. Version 13.03.693

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Klaus5F8D I'm with you. I also have had none of the issues mentioned here. I'm sure Adobe would love to know why some folks are being hit with dreadful problems while others are free of them.

There certainly are things I wish were done differently in 13 or features added, but that's different than constant crashing, etc. If I were having all of these horrible issues, I'd be tearing my hair out as well. I do sympathize with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I also feel for those guys. It would be terrible if it constantly crashes or certain functions don't work.

But there should be a distinction made between functionality problems and simply not liking new features.

The latter is totally the user's problem and preferrence while crashing, etc must be dealt with by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines