Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Open New Window

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to open muliple windows in Bridge 2023. It used to be under file > new window .

Does anyone know where to find this feature?

Thanks? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can now create multiple content panels, instead of creating multiple windows in Bridge 2023.

Please refer the following link for the known features/issues - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/known-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

More specifically, you want to choose File > New Content Tab, and if you want to detach that tab and drag it to another location or another display, drag the tab. [UPDATE — August 4, 2023: New Window is back, in a beta version for user testing. For more info, go to: Adobe Bridge Beta is now available (14.0.0.57)]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/13986216

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 151 Replies 151
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to Bridge 2022 due to this problem. After paying for 2023 updates and not getting any for about 6 months, I decided to force myself to use Panels instead of Windows. As a result, I am almost crying every time I edit my images nowadays.

Please bring back the multiple Windows soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel this. I'm doing my best to avoid Bridge 2023 still, as I know many in production are. Having a hell of a time making basic integrations like Image Processor work with Bridge 2022 to PS 2023 on a new install now, so it's just a matter of time until I quit my job completely. haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use both Bridge 2022 and 2023....because I can't perform a "batch" action with Bridge2022/Photoshop2023.  I can only do it with Bridge2023/Photoshop2023.  So, since I use PS2023, and I need to do a batch through Bridge, I have to close Bridge2022 and then open Bridge2023.  It's so stupid.  
...and what's worse is that Adobe mods are on here mislabeling their responses as Correct Answers....thus getting absolutely nothing accomplished here.  Who hires these dopes anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others, I use 2022 for all general work, then for Image Processing of larger numbers of photos through Photoshop I close 2022, open 2023 for the batch processing, close that, then open 2022 again. Great solution – NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did Adobe think this would be a good idea?!  I legit think they altar properly working features just to change things for a new update.  Change this BACK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not ust the New windows, do people not think that the whole app just feels old, slow and clunky now? especially the file navigation panel, double click on folders never seems to work, and it jutters and jerks like crazy - have they re-built in from scratch or something??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it was a major rewrite, which is why they can't just wind it back. There was a post somewhere that suggested they were looking at reverting to 'new window' but that was months ago and nothing yet. I think they've broken it for good, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can we have NEW window back NOT a new content tab!

— we often need to preview and drag-drop content from different sources across to different Bridge windows.

REALLY annoying that a simple 'new window' or new instance of Bridge seems to be impossible now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

undo and do right

--
Photographer
Patrick Miller
MANOCAMERA
https://patrickmiller.se/
manocamera@gmail.com
Skånegatan 84
116 37 STHLM
tel: +46 735 10 40 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for multi-window feature. 
For complete list of features available in the build please refer
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial impression is good - using Bridge feel reasonable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Just wanted to check if the multiple window funactionality has been included in the newest available version of Bridge?

Cheers

Neale

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @neale.smith.photo, yes, about half a year ago or so. Download either the release version or the newer beta version and you'll be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Gary, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last, new window is back! Only in Beta so far, I haven't tried it but thank goodness they listened!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AndrewSouthard and anyone else reading: do try this. Remember that Bridge, by itself, does not touch any file (it only looks at them), so it is extremely unlikely to do any harm to your files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about stars beneath the files and other metadata? If this is changed in Bridge, Photoshop displays a note that says the file has been modified outside of Photoshop, or "Changed since last save"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For raw files, the original is in fact not changed, because all metadata including star ratings are written into a separate .XMP format "sidecar" file with the same base file name as the image. The Photoshop message is sort of correct, but not completely precise.

For non-raw files, the info is written into the image's header, which alters the file metadata but not the image data in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIG thanks to everyone who posted about the Adobe update and the option for New Window. They also put in the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts, too -- yeah!

Thanks, Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the new beta Bridge 2023; the fix needs fixing. Running on Windows 10, the labels on the taskbar used to have the Bridge logo and the folder name (Illustrator, PSD, PGN) displayed so I could quickly call up the window I wanted. The new Beta labels them Adobe Bridge (Beta), Adobe Bridge (Beta) (secondary window), Adobe Bridge (Beta) (secondary window)... etc., defeating the whole FAST WORKFLOW objective. This is so important to so many people; why don't Adobe ask us?

Proper bridge.pngStill not right.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AndrewSouthard ,

Thanks for reporting this. We are investigating this and keep you posted once the fix is available in future Beta drops.

Regards,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @AndrewSouthard , 

We have just released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.0.0.94) which fixes this issue.  We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.
For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer to the community post announcement: https://adobe.ly/3YUMmBd.

Steps to install/update

Install: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel, and Check for updates. Then click Update for your beta app.

Regards,
Bridge team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered another downgrade. There are now no "New Keyword" or "New Sub Keyword" buttons on the keyword panel; they are accessed through the dropdown menu - a significant issue. I thought, "oh well, add a keyboard shortcut". Trying that didn't work as they can't be found as commands in the keyboard shortcuts panel.

It looks like it's back to 2022 again, so I can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, all six windows crashed the first time I tried to copy and paste from one window to another, which negates having the windows available. Bridge never used to crash before 2023 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines