• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Reveal in Finder of folders opens to folders contents. Not the folder.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite often use "Reveal in Finder" on folders to find their location. I use right-click with my mouse on a mac. Bridge 2022 and prior, this would reveal the folder. Bridge 2023 opens the folder in the finder to the contents of the folder. I want the folder, not the contents.. Due to this change, in finder I have to right-click the folder title and move back to the drive holding the folder. This means that I now have to find the folder on my own.

I use right-click Reveal in Finder in the Favorites window, the Folders window and the Content folder. All of these now reveal the contents and not the folder. View > Show items from Subfolder is not the answer.

This change has significantly slowed down my workflow.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this on Windows. Will check later on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: I have my finder set up to view as List. I have been working this way for years. I did some tests and it will reveal the folder when viewed as Columns. I avoid Columns due to the mis click on a file and it tries to build a preview. I am using a Phase One IQ4 150 and each file is almost 1GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, I am seeing this on my Mac (12.6 on Mac Studio).

Since I've never needed/wanted to find a folder (I want the images), I've never used this option before.

But I tested it also with an older version of Bridge and you are correct: it worked before and not now. 

I'll pass this onto my contact in Adobe to add to the list.

Since this is not a critical bug, it may take a backstage while the critical bugs get dealt with. (Sorry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines