• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 vs 2022: Preview zoom is 200% vs 100%

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both version 13 and version 12 installed and I just noticed that version 13 when I am looking at a preview and zoom in it is says "Loading 200%". And what looked reasonably sharpe in version 12 looks less sharpe in version 13. AND if I toggle on the preview options that use higher CPU, then version 13 uses a lot more CPU than version 12.

Is there anyway I can have Version 13 use 100% zooms?

Peter

TOPICS
How to , Image processor , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

I did state that I could not be 100% sure. It's quite possible that Windows has a feature that Adobe can use for this feature, and Macs do not. Nonetheless, I cannot find it on my Mac system.

However, when I've tapped the Spacebar (which is not the Preview Panel), I can zoom in our out by tapping the "+" or "-" keys. Might that be what you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting Cmd Minus (Mac) or Ctrl Minus (Windows) to zoom out to 100%. 

Cmd Plus (Mac) or Ctrl Plus (Windows) will zoom in.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 here - Ctrl+'+' or Ctrl+'-' seem to affect the content window but I was talking about the preview window where the single (or possiblly multiple) image is. And when I press the spacebar I get a fulll screen image. And it is when I am looking at the full screen image if I click the left mouse button the image zooms in. For version 12 it zooms 100% (briefly say "Loading 100%") but for version 13 it zooms 200% ("Loading 200%").

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @peterb86513089, when you talk about "zooming" into the image in the Preview Panel, are you talking about that little window that pops up that follows your mouse's movement?

I'm just trying to get a handle on what you're referring to here because I do not know about any "zoom" for the Preview Panel outside of the Loupe view.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I think you are talking about the magnifying loupe. No I am talking about a full screen preview and then clicking the mouse left button to zoom in...

preview panepreview panebriefly displayed after pressing the space barbriefly displayed after pressing the space bar

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterb86513089, You are correct, I was referring to the Loupe.

However, what you're referring to must be something that Windows OS provides. On a Mac, I have nothing even close to that (and never have). I was left- and right-clicking on any and everything trying to find the secret handshake that brings this up and always came up empty.

I would suggest you examine Window's Preferences for reference to this. While I cannot say definitively, I do not believe that this is a feature within Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be disagreeable but this is entirely Bridge functionality. Just my opinion, mind you. The two versions are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did state that I could not be 100% sure. It's quite possible that Windows has a feature that Adobe can use for this feature, and Macs do not. Nonetheless, I cannot find it on my Mac system.

However, when I've tapped the Spacebar (which is not the Preview Panel), I can zoom in our out by tapping the "+" or "-" keys. Might that be what you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now weirdness is creeping in. I just tried what you said in Br version 12. I tapped the spacebar to see a full screen preview and the pressed the '+' key, and yes, the same behaviour as clicking the left mouse button. And for version 12 at 100%. So I then launched ver 13 and tried the same. And yes it did the same thing BUT at 100% - not the 200% I was seeing. And now if I click the left mouse button zooms at 100%. I do not know where the 200% came from (or where it has gone). I must experiment more.

You can see from my prevoius post I was getting a popup showing "Loading... 200%". So not my imagination.

Thanks, (I must explore this more),

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I fall on my sword.

I did not know about pressing '+' or '-' to zoom in or out on a full screen veiew. I had always just used the left mouse button which toggles between full screen and 100% (or so I thought). Now as I play more with the '+' and '-' I see I can zoom in (from full screen view) to multiples of 100%, i.e.200% 400% etc. and zoom back out again by pressing '-'. I guess my version 13 got stuck in 200% toggle mode ant that's all I could see,

Interesting. Another litte known Cliffy fact, I guess.

Thanks, and sorry for the bother,
Peter

PS, I see now from the Br documentaion I can also use the scroll wheel on the mouse for zooming. Neat! But I don't see in the documentation any mention of the left mouse button - I don't known where or when I picked that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@peterb86513089 said: "Interesting. Another litte known Cliffy fact, I guess."

Thanks for chuckle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines