• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 - Why can't I use Enter key to open a folder or file?

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug or a UX decision, but I used to be able to open a folder with the Enter key on the keyboard, and not it just does nothing. If I press Command + Down arrow it opens, but why not with the Enter key like every other previous version?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bigfish,

This is working as expected on my Mac (12.6, Mac Studio); what is your OS (and what release)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gary_sc, I'm running macOS Monterey 12.6 on 16" macbook pro (M1)

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll, this is a bit of a pickle, essentially the same but working differently. 

About the only thing I can think of is for you to rebuild your preferences. Normally I'd add how to do that but I'm away from my computer at the moment and can't copy/paste them into this thread. However, you can find the steps all over the web. 

let us know if that works, and if not we'll continue the hunt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Return works for me; but so does a double-click (which is what I mostly do).

I suggest that you do not attempt to use either old Preferences or an old Cache with Br 13 but, instead, do a totally clean installation;

and then recreate (and save) new Workspaces with new customised names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I  just downloaded 13.03.69 and cannot open raw files with the enter key, which is an important part of my work flow.  What is the fix for that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines