• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 won't open

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is now saying it encountered an error and needs to close. I submit the report, and bye bye Bridge. So I try again, and it's the same deal. So I click t oalways submit the report, now Bridge just briefly appeard in my task manager and goes away. 

First they got rid of side mouse button back/forward functionality and slowed down keystroke filename search so it doesn't even work like Windows, now the thing won't even open. 

Can someone tell me when there will be an update that remedies this or what I can do to have it open? I restarted the computer multiple times. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps in this article and let us know if that fixes the problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Alt+Shift does nothing. All other steps in that page are not possible as I cannot open the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics driver updated, no luck. Not running in the background as per task manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking again due to lack of replies. Anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to do the Ctrl-Alt-Shift as Bridge launches, hold it until the reset window comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work. Windows requests Bridge permissions to "make changes to this device", I say yes, then "Bridge encountered an error and needs to close". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mi también me va super mal desde la ultima actualización!!!

Hace cosas super extrañas....

Es desesperante que cada vez que adobe hace una actualización , haya errores , y que haya tenga que sacar una nueva actualización a los 4 dias para solucionarlos....

Y si lo tienes como erramienta de trabajo , la mala ostia que haces es impresionante!!  

Pobre teclado la de golpes que lleva hoy!!!! por culpa de adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread of someone having similar issues, it turned out that the user's computer was too old to run Bridge 2023. One would assume that Bridge would check for this before installing, and perhaps it might not be sufficiently checked. 

Can you please let us know the age of the computer you are having issues with? What model and approximately when was it purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Host Name: GIGABYTE-AERO-1
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.19044 N/A Build 19044
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: elusive1151@yahoo.com
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00330-53626-36994-AAOEM
Original Install Date: 8/25/2021, 11:56:43 PM
System Boot Time: 11/15/2022, 9:39:17 AM
System Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
System Model: AERO 17 XD
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 141 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2304 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends International, LLC. FB03, 5/4/2021
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 65,278 MB
Available Physical Memory: 47,499 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 78,590 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 51,998 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 26,592 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased in August of 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Evan1151 well good. That concern can be eliminated. 

I'll let Lumigraphics continue here as I do not know Windows issues as well as he does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, you'd need to use something like Process Monitor to see what Bridge is trying to do. I'm a Mac guy like Gary, I have some Windows experience but not enough to troubleshoot remotely. Your other option is to have Adobe Support take a look remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The problem was solved by installing Bridge 12.0.3 instead of 13. The best solution is to ignore the update notification and refrain from updating Bridge. 

Also, all my quality-of-life features came back, like side mouse back and forward buttons and keystroke file name search.

Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you can also try to install the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes some of the issues.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried and failed. Still won't open. 

I do not have this problem on my desktop, but I do on my laptop. 

Worth noting is that it wasn't always like this. It used to just be the forward and backwards side mouse buttons and no separate/second Bridge window to drag and drop between folders anymore that just was disappointing. Now after the patch it still won't open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try the CC Cleaner tool to remove everything and then reinstall. Its a PITA but can fix major problems. You can also try a new user account to see if its something in your account (likely) or a system issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines