• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 8 and Bridge 9 - PDF module broken, destroys colors, horror skin tones

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf export modules of both Bridge 8 and Bridge 9 are broken and unusable as they cannot read a color tag.

I have tried repeatedly - both applications cannot read color tags and it looks like it's seen in a Firefox browser. All skin tones destroyed.

I have searched online - the problem exists since September 2018.

Has there been a solution to this problem in the six months since it was discovered?

Is there a way to make the pdf module to do the most basic thing in the image world (and without which its all pointless): to read a color tag?

I can't believe that after 25 years adobe brings out a module that can't read a color tag. I can't send this junk pdf to a client, nor to my own rep.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you post this on the Photoshop Forum if it concerns Bridge?

Photoshop’s Contact Sheet II seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and we are waiting on a fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot to illustrate what the faulty results look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce it on five different computers but its been acknowledged by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on PC, Lumigraphics? I'm on a Mac, and the pdf module can't produce a single usable pdf.

Why is nothing happening? Bridge 9 is basically unusable. No control over the interface compared to Bridge 8, blurry previews, and a dysfunctional pdf output module. Deleting Bridge 9. Bridge 8 at least works except you can't create pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind providing some pertinent information?

Mac – which version etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested on three different Windows PCs and two different Macs. This problem has been reported here NUMEROUS times, scroll down through the threads. I cannot repro it on any computer but apparently others can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Mac pro 10.12.6 Bridge 2019
They come out much darker and magenta red. These are some proofs I am trying to send to a client.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.07.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider using the Contact Sheet Function in Photoshop or Grid Place in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will check that out. I can create the pages in Photoshop and then bundle them together to a pdf this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you may also want to check out Photoshop’s

File > Automate > PDF Presentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, c.pfaffenbichler, that's a good alternative until the problem with the otherwise very practical pdf module is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "create pdf presentation"

What it does is that it shrinks my 2000 pixel high document to 480 pixels without me having given it any command to do so. It seems to be impossible to create a pdf with the original size of the document.

Also, the file size is huge. 2,8 mb was the smallest for stamp sized 480 pixel high pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which pdf settings did you choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High quality. I couldn't find settings that adjusted the size, so I don't know why it's getting shrunk so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try setting Compression to »Do Not Downsample«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Lightroom Classic, specifically the Print module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines