• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge and El Capitan?

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2012 LATE Mini is running AI CC as just purchased two weeks ago. Mini is running 16 Gigs of RAM and  has a 500 Gig SSD My good friend who uses PS has been after me to downlaodd and install Bridge to help me find files faster than manually scrolling and searching. Can anyone send me a link to the proper version of Bridge since my OS prevents me from simply downloading the version featured on Adobe's site.

I use AI and an older version of PS to do repetitive engineering/art projects so my knowledge of AI is very specific and limited. All I wanted to do with Bridge is greatly reduce the time it takes to find old files created in AI w/o having to open the files........most of them done in earlier versions of AI, mostly 5.1 CS and 6 CS......

I want to be sure that I'm installing the correct version of Bridge for my OS.

I'm too old and am retired, don't want to have to keep the OS upgraded to the latest and createst from Apple much less Adobe and al of my other appls.

Thanks to you all!

Steve

Steve

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and my Mini is running El Capitan......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Toysbyus,

Gosh I do wish it worked that way but it doesn't

Welcome to the evil world of the mobius strip race of computer hardware and software.

As computers get updates and change their internal structure, the software that you were running before is looking for the things it needs to latch onto to work but they are gone. The new software is looking for things to work with but they have not been added yet.

The thing is that to continue to sell new hardware and/or software, the companies that make both are constantly trying to add new features and improve old features and are constantly testing their software on the (mostly) lastest computers and their respective OS. 20 years ago you could get old floppy disks from someone and keep on going but now I dare you to find a floppy disk or CD with software on it.

In addition, software companies have a working support process called "end of life." This refers to their software and how old it is. Once it's reached it's end of life, that company will not support it any longer. So, even if you were to get an old copy of whatever you're looking for, Adobe (and other companies) are not going to support it even if it was obviously the software's fault that your computer just melted (or whatever might happen).

So, the bad news is that you'll have to get a new computer, the good news is that you'll be really happy with the speed and efficiency that the new computer will have. 

YES, this is planned obsolesence, welcome to the evil world of the mobius strip race of computer hardware and software. I do wish you good luck. 

p.s., I think the one option you may have is to find a copy of Adobe CS6 somewhere on ebay or otherwise but you will not get ANY support for that..

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Bridge CC under Creative Cloud 2018 apps is what you want.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at thec Bridge 2020 app UI in adobe creative cloud you will see 3 dots.

Click on the 3 dots and prior versions of Bridge lurk there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My thanks to you you all.......I'll `try the older Bridge version and see what happens........no way am I going to get a new computer, though. I'm going back to acrylic aviation art when I really retire so computer art is not going to be my main artistic outlet.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines