Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge and external SSD

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have problem that Bridgen can't open an external SSD drive. I recognize the drive but refuses to open it så I can't open the maps on it and reach my image-files.

Photoshop has no problems open the drive.

Thanks for your help.

/CekariYH

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

HI Cekari,

I'm assuming that you are on a Mac? If so then:

You need to turn on specific permission for each and every application. Just because one application can does not mean that every other application can. This is part of Mac's protection.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access opt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Cekari,

I'm assuming that you are on a Mac? If so then:

You need to turn on specific permission for each and every application. Just because one application can does not mean that every other application can. This is part of Mac's protection.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1651156164577.png

gary_sc_1-1651156164578.png

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

Thanks... that made it 🙂

I tought that Bridge like PS should set that automaticly but... well well I'm a happy guy again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines