• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge and LR classic crash by strat up

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now still brigde and LR classic crashes on start up. after a few minutes they start anyway. I've tried Troubleshooting Bridge on freezes and poor performance for Bridge points 1 through 7 but still the same. How can I solve this problem ?

Can it perhaps help if I uninstall Bridge and reinstall it? But won't I lose my folders?
same for LR classic ?

Adobe Bridge 2022 12.0.3.270

LR classic 11,5 -  Camera RAW 14,5

macOS Catalina 10,15,7

Ram 8 GB.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall Bridge and reinstall Bridge and never lose your folders because Bridge uses the folders on your computer. 

The same goes with LR Classic. All the folders you see in LRC exist on your computer. The difference between LRC and Bridge is that the database in LRC KNOWS where all the files are located, but Bridge has no clue where things are, and if you do not point out where a given file is located, Bridge doesn't care.

However, crashing at startup is very seldom cured by reinstalling. Resetting Bridge's Preferences is more likely to generate success (but not always). 

The thing is, you have to balance the fact that most people are not having these crashes at startup. I certainly am not having these issues, and just about all of the users I know do not. 

So, what's the difference? 

My guess is that it's something within the computer: most computer users do not do general maintenance (gobs of people hardly ever change the oil in their car (LOL). They may have almost filled up their hard drive leaving little room for applications to run. They may not have done updates that needed to be done. The range of possibilities goes on and on. Nonetheless, the symptom seems to be Bridge, but what's the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc 

ok, then don't uninstall and reinstall the Bridge and LR if it doesn't fix anything.

I do a first aid of the disk every 2 weeks, a check with Onyx every other month and also an Etrecheck, so I think I will change my oil 😉

I still have 500 GB free on my hard drive, so not the cause either.
8 RAM that may be a bit tight, but once the apps are open they still work well.
I'm hoping maybe someone will come up with a suggestion that I can try out and hopefully be the solution.

thanks in advance for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a crash report or what happens when you try to launch both apps?

And don't bother running Onyx, it does have useful tools but 99% of the time you do not need it. MacOS does routine maintanence and you don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics I don't get a crash report, all that colored wheel keeps turning for a few minutes

, see attachmentIMG_8809.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a crash. That just means you are low on RAM, the computer has to shuffle some things behind the scenes before the new app can run. Try quitting out of everything extra before you use Bridge or especially Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics i did, but it doesn't help. I hope it will be this. I have ordered a new iMac 16 RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 16GB M1 Mac mini that performs MUCH better than my old Intel Macs. Hopefully that will make the difference for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics my new is also M1, I hope to Its faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lumigraphics now I have 16 GB RAM on my new imac 24" and LR and Bridge still has the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lumigraphics now I have 16 GB RAM on my new imac 24" and LR still has the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics, you are correct that the Mac's Unix roots can do that, but if the computer is shut off at night or shut off when things are supposed to be done, no maintenance routines can be done. What Onyx and (OS) Cache Cleaner can do is do those routines at any time. So, their value still exists. 

Disk First Aid only checks one aspect (which is also done by either of the above two as well), but there are a variety of other task and routines to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc Witch other variety task and routines will be done ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, Disc Utility does the same thing here as ~Cache Cleaner does (and is marked with "DU"). The other items are supposed to be done by the OS, but they are not always done because the system is turned off or conflicting operations. This just makes sure they get done at the user's convenience.

2022-11-23_09-11-26.png

 

Meanwhile, when things are just plain annoying, I will go to the various Cache Cleaning operations. There have been numerous times when this panel has saved my rear end.

2022-11-23_09-15-34.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc I don't know those apps, are they apps on the monterey version?
Right now I've only gotten as far as Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak fully in regard to Onyx. The way ~ Cashe Cleaner works is that for every OS upgrade, you upgrade your Cache Cleaner (a modest fee). Normally it's backward compatible but I'm not fully sure how far back (I know that Ventura CC will work on Monterey but I do not know if it will work on Catalina), you can ask them. Meanwhile, you can get the Catalina version here: https://www.northernsoftworks.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please understand I cannot state that this will solve your problem, but they do have a 10-day trial period, so to try it costs nothing. Same with Onyx.

Let us know if either helps, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc , of course I understand that.

But at first sight this looks a lot like Onyx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @IngridVD  Good, I'm glad you understand. I just wanted to make sure that you knew I couldn't PROMISE that this would completely solve your issues. Some people read into things what they want to find. Thank you!

And, here's Onyx to compare. They do seem similar but also very different.

2022-11-24_14-59-22.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines