• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge and Photoshop BOTH Failing Today

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning, Bridge (both 2015 and 2019) is effectively ignoring all the XMP files in ANY folder.  I had started editing a batch of images last Friday at work, made ratings choices, already had rotated images, and made global processing changes.  All I did was go home for the weekend and come back to work today.  But today no version of my Bridge applications work right.  None of the edits appear in the thumbnails or preview pane.  I can't rotate images.  I can't even OPEN an image into Photoshop from Bridge - it says PS doesn't recognize that type of file!!  What?  It sure has been recognizing it for the past 15 years - a simple Canon RAW file.  Trying to open a finished jpg results in PS saying "file not found."  Whoa, this is really messed up.

This MUST all be connected to issues I had with Creative Cloud last week.  At some point, my Acrobat started saying I couldn't open any PDFs because CC couldn't verify/login to my CC account - or something along that line.  So, I opened CC and, to my disgust, a whole bunch of my CC apps started auto-updating.  But I didn't see any ill effects until this morning.  But this is EXACTLY why I HATE, HATE, HATE auto-updating anything AND the subscription model of software.  Let me create my own little set-up using a purchased piece of software that doesn't change until I change it.  Arrgh!  Now, I lose probabaly a day or more of productivity at work. 

Yes, I tried resetting prefs in Bridge 2015 and 2019.  I even uninstalled 2019 and it still doesn't work.

Also, does nobody at Adobe think it's the least bit confusing that the apps on the Mac go by names with dates (Photoshop 2015, 2017, 2019), but login to CC and it's a completely different system of v19, v20.0.7, v21 etc.?   Which version is which date?  How in the world can tech companies not use their own products enough to realize the confusion they push on their customers?  PLEASE, Adobe, the creative community that has built your company for the many years we've been using your products deserves better than this.

TOPICS
Bug , Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm replying to my own topic.  Just wondering - are there actual Adobe support team members on this community forum?  Also, I tried to post the same topic in the Photoshop community because, well, I'm trying to be a good employee and get a solution as fast as possible so I can actually do my work.  But when trying to post to the PS forum, it flagged my post as spam, of all things.  Are you kidding me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying again to my own topic, just so everyone out there will know it's apparently not going to be a quick fix.  Chatted with Adobe Support, they logged in remotely, discovered all the same things I had said, including the fact that a newly downloaded version of Bridge failed to import preferences from an earlier version despite telling the installer 'yes.'  Anyhoo - I ended up having to download a log collector tool, collect and upload logs for the apps, etc.  I'll be waiting 24-48 hours for an answer.  Will post it when I get one.  Thank goodness I have a laptop as a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that multiple workflows in Bridge and Photoshop are not working for you as expected. Let us help make it right. 

It seems like the problem is not just limited to Bridge as other products are also giving trouble.

I'd suggest that you create a new administraive account if using Windows OS or enable the root account on a Mac. This will help us identify if the issue is specific to permissions on your current user account. See below articles:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in as root user and saw no change in the behavior of Photoshop and Bridge.  Just as broken as yesterday.  PS won't even open any file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after an hour or so on chat with Adobe support yesterday to no immediate avail, and after trying 'root' user this morning on my iMac, it actually turned out to be simply some issue with the Camera RAW plugin.  The email I just got from Adobe stated:

Please download & install Camera Raw 11.4.1 on your machine from the following link check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

This worked!  I'm back in business.  They didn't explain whether my Camera RAW plugin was too new, too old, etc.  But it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines