• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge: Aufbau der Miniaturen extrem langsam seit 2020 ubdate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit dem neue PH 2020 ist meine Bridge extrem langsam geworden. Dh wenn ich eine Datei mit ca. 200 RAWs öffnen möchte dauert es mehrere Minuten bis sich die Miniaturen aufgebaut haben obwohl ich bereits die Option "Eingebettete bevorzugen" eingestellt habe. Cache habe ich auch schon geleert. Gibt es hier Abhilfe?
Sollte ich die Bridge neu installieren?
Gruß Gerd

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: purged/compacted all caches as detailed in artcle. Works better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait. Spoke too soon. Purged caches, but still CACHED images load faster. Others still take forever. I should add that all my assets are on a local server, nto on my HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one can help 

its going on as the beginning with the bridge 2020 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so what's up Adobhe - are you going to come up with a fix for this?! I am a professional, as probably most of the people here are, this is an important tool Stop improving things and just give us software that works and is reliable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cancel my Video Sub from adobe this year because of this trouble all the time. Left just the photo package. Now it starts to be the some in this too.

My goodness, the get so much money from us and I need hours just to fix problems before i can start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is maddening. Just now I had to input a code texted to my phone to reply to this message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up ! Went back to 2019 bridge 

i dont have time to waist anymore 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a frustrating problem for months. I have Bridge version 10.1.1.166.

I unchecked the "Prefer  thumbnail generation over preview generation" in the Thumbnails panel of Preferences. This seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I just fix it 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  want to redownloadthe cc2019  but i cant find it anywhere 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can help me redownload the 2019 bridge? 

Im still having same problems with the thumbnails ... I totaly hate this . this is sucks 

they canot do anythink about it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge being excruciatingly slow building thumbnails, even on top notch Micro SSD, i7 PC's with 128GB RAM and NVidea 2070.

It turns out the slow Bridge problem, troubling A LOT of people, is an extremely simple thing:

Solution:
Simply make sure the "Content" view at the bottom in Bridge isn't enlarged.
- That all. As soon as you make the "Content" view bigger, Bridge turns into a Zombie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did work, till this latest update, and now I'm back to having thumbnails smaller than a micro-SD card, (300 of them on a removable drive plugged directly into the computer) going tediusly slow. Almost five minutes now and I'm almost to the halfway point.  At this point I should get through with this editing job next week rather than having it done twenty minutes ago. How does one go back to the previous iteration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really is im possible to get anything done when your software cannot do what it is supposed to do, something that we pay for every month. I really wish the entire team at Adobe would just stop dreaming up new features and focus on making the software they have work like advertised. Just onto another folder, and I have to go find something to do for twenty minutes before I can get back to work? Really? Yes, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten minutes in and I still have only about 1/3 of these thumbnails, at 6mm square. Perhaps this is how it is supposed to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS and what release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina 10.15.7, Bridge 11.1.109 updated the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1611953475764.png

gary_sc_1-1611953475766.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During my 20 minute chat with Adobe today I was told to do that, but after the quit and re-open it didn't change anything. I gave up and shut the computer down before I threw my chair at the screen, upon restart something seems to have helped for the moment.  Not holding my breath that tomorrow it will still work.

Why Adobe cannot just set up their software to work as installed without all these secret little tricks that one must intuit or find out from random strangers in this kind of forum is ridiculous. CC is the worst thing I have to spend money on - worse I think than insurance as there is no end of "improvements" made to the software constantly that just make it more difficult to run cleanly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to blow your focus but this is an Apple thing. Apple is trying to protect you and other users from viruses and other evil things from taking over your computer. ALL software has to step around things that OS's do to make things safe, both Windows and Macs. 

Why you had the delays in positive response you state I have no idea. I do hope doing this will be a perminent fix. The problems that you were experiencing are not normal. When software is acting bad there are several posibilities: the software's at fault, the system's at fault, the computer's at fault (not enough ram, not big enough hard drive space, system/software is too new to work on old computers, etc.), the system needs a dope slap (aka general or focused maintenance), or the user needs a dope slap (aka rtfm). Simply, problems with software are always one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to staggering slow loads. I do find that if I click out of Bridge sometimes it loads in a flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @robtmccann 

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please share the following details about the issue:

• The number of files in the folder you're browsing
  • File formats and the average size of the file.

Please share the sample files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backed up one version and everything is improved. I have zero interest in updating any further as my ratio for updates that are helpful vs updates that serve no purpose other than making me troubleshoot for days is so out of whack that I would choose different software in a heartbeat if I could.

Leica M10 files, about 28-36 MB each and Leica Q2 files, 85-92 MB each. The DNG files are usually in folders of 125-150. I also open single layer tiffs generated by Hasselblad Phocus, 144 MB, those folders have anywhere from 5 to 20 files in them.

Catalina 10.15.7  |  Bridge 11.0.0.83  |  ACR 13.1  |  PS 22.1.1

64 GB of memory in this machine. Doesn't matter if the files are on my hardrive or an SD card (gasp) or an external drive, flash or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I open the Phocus generated tiffs I exported this morning, 12 of them in one folder on an SSD drive via thunderbolt. Bridge took two minutes to generate thumbnails for twelve 137MB files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this was apple think why i can load thumbnails with bridge 2019 and not the 2021? 

I dont uderstand 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines