• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge bogs down processing large batches of keyword editing

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While many applications use caching for speed of operation it does add a limit to the manageable size. Bridge 2020 version does not handle the notification of running out of cache resources too well. As cache use is accumulative, the size of the batches are proportionally reduced with each run until Bridge gets bogging down or even freezes. It would be nice if Bridge could indicate when it is time to clean out the cache before reaching this stage. Once Bridge becomes unresponsive I must resort to the kill application function on my system. When Bridge is restated the cache is empty. Unfortunately that often means reselecting a new batch and sometimes even building a new search index. To ensure I don't lose any file keyword metadata in the process I usually create a collection from the selection to fall back on after killing Bridge and starting it up again. I really need more computer resources to cover the batch volumes I am working with... but that's another story.

TOPICS
Batch , Crash or freeze , Keywords , Metadata , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?