Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge: Bug Fixes

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! 

I'm just dropping this message here to highlight some of the bugs i've spotted in Bridge ever since I updated to 2023. I thought some of then had been fixed in the lastest version, but as a heavy user of this software I keep comming across the similar issues again. 

* I have a Macbook Pro 2021, M1 with 32 GB RAM, runnning Monterrey 12.5.1 

- Ever since I have Photoshop Beta running alonside Photoshop 23, Bridge won't recognize all of the suddenly neither of them as a script in the Tools menu. I used this often to run actions in PS as a Batch or just to use the image processor. I've tried, following instruccions i've found within the adobe community to reset the scripts in preferences, but in my experience it didn't work. I've only managed this by deleting PS Beta and reinstalling from scratch Bridge and PS (with the inconvenient of having to reconfigure PS again to my daily use needs). 
- Batch rename will crash often, speciallty when using the String Substitution feature (as for what I've read this doesn't have an solution yet). Never manage to solve this but somehow it started working again, my gut feeling says it will crash again when you least expect it 😞 
-Overall App crashing when handeling heavy tiff or psb. 

- Suggestion(?) Would love to be to change the Color Space from the Image Processor of PS or the Bridge export feature to specific profiles (for example all of the ECI profiles) and to export from TIFF to EPS directly from Bridge (so far I've only manage to automatise this by creating an action on PS). 

TOPICS
Image processor , Import and export , Problem or error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing beta software is done at your own risk, you should EXPECT it to cause problems. So yes, you have to reinstall things. This is not a bug, its why you don't just install betas unless you are prepared to deal with the results. Otherwise stick to release versions.

I personally have not moved past Bridge 2022 in production because the later versions are such a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines