• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Cache location setting cannot see hard drives on PC

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info everyone, but none of it worked for me. Referring to this thread:

Can't choose cache folder in Bridge CS6 on a different drive/partition

I could not post in that thread as I originally intended to.

What did work for both Bridge CS6 and Bridge CC 2018 was to directly edit the registry on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC using REGEDIT.EXE.

Under registry key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge CS6\Preferences, the key CacheDirectory, type SZ, was missing. I added this key with a value "J:\Adobe_Bridge-CS6_Cache" which is where my cache files are stored. The key was missing.

In the same key under Bridge CC 2018, this key had reverted to the Users\User folder.

Having done these two simple registry edits, both versions of Bridge recognised the locations, and can now "see" all the other disks on this PC.

Both of these programs had been working perfectly (using my non-standard cache locations) until I reconfigured my largest data drive. This involved changing a 3TB MBR partitioned drive into a single partition GPT 3TB drive. This involved backup and restore of all the relevant data files onto another 3TB drive. On restoring the data and running both versions of Bridge, they flatly refused to acknowledge that any drives existed on the system (not even drive C:), even though the ACR settings could see these drives!

I tried Curt's suggestion, and I am now faced with the aggravation of setting up Bridge again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sir, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines