• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Camera import duplicates

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import photos from any camera with Bridge Photo Downloader, it duplicates every photo. Each photo comes in as ie.. photo1 and photo1-1. It hasn't always done this. Since all my cameras do the same thing, I don't believe its a camera setting. Additionally, as soon as the Import window opens, my mouse becomes VERY sticky. I can barely move it to pick photos or to another window, where it stays sticky.

Unsure what to try, I don't see anything in the Preferences or other settings.

I did report it on a pop up Adobe Bridge survey.

Regards,

Vi

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vi Ray,

This is a long-standing bug, we are all waiting for it to be fixed. The "stickiness" you observed is your computer spending a lot of its energy making the duplicates. 

There are three options:

1) revert back to an earlier version of Bridge

2) after all the downloading is done, delete the duplicates

3) I've found, on my Mac, if I go into Advanced mode in Bridge, it only downloads one copy. Plus, I can un-click the files that are not images (they get downloaded to at this point if you do not uncheck them).

Sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary. What version is safe to revert back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vi Ray,

Personally, I'd have gone for #3. That gives you all of the new features and abilities, it's a minor, very minor step to do.

Otherwise, click on the All Apps tab of ACC and when you see the Bridge app, click on the ellipse to the right

2022-04-17_15-50-45.png

Then select an earlier version (I currently have builds 10 & 11 on my computer, that's why it says "uninstall" for them). Go for version 11, if that doesn't work, go to 10.

Good luck!

2022-04-17_15-51-28.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thank you.. I will try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines