• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Camera Raw editor switched to Lightroom interface and it sucks so bad.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened bridge today and it had a pop-up asking if I wanted to see the new interface so I thought I would check it out. To my dismay all I saw was Lightroom's clunky interface, Does anyone know how to switch it back to the original Camera Raw editor? 

I tried uninstalling bridge and re-installing but that pop-up doesnt show up. 

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

They are not turning ACR into LR, they are just applying the same looking interface. 

Piece of information: Lightroom-Classic is ACR with a database. Lightroom-cloudy is ACR with a database in the clouds and on your computer. Simply, the internal machine for each is the same.

If you go to the link above, scroll down to where you see ACR 12.3 installer. Take the Mac or PC version you so chose. download and install. 

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download an earlier version from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

However, ACR will not be going back to that form. This is intended to make the transition from Lightroom to ACR and back smoother for users so what you see is what it will be in the future.

I suggest you go back until you your editing and then update to the new one to get used to it. Yes, it's different, very different, but it does have its merits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they already have lightroom but want to turn Camera Raw Editor into lightroom too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh by the way that didnt work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not turning ACR into LR, they are just applying the same looking interface. 

Piece of information: Lightroom-Classic is ACR with a database. Lightroom-cloudy is ACR with a database in the clouds and on your computer. Simply, the internal machine for each is the same.

If you go to the link above, scroll down to where you see ACR 12.3 installer. Take the Mac or PC version you so chose. download and install. 

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about giving us a choice to kep the old interface? It wasn't broken, so there was absolutely now need to mess around with it. The new one is terrible - several clicks required where one used to suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Camera RAW has a different forum that is managed by the Camera RAW team. We request you to post this concern there. The link for it is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/bd-p/camera-raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines