• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 full preview makes photos completely pixelated and un-viewable

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm using Adobe Bridge CC 2019 on a MacBook Pro and press the spacebar to view full preview, the photos are fully pixelated and crazy. What I've done to try and fix it:

- I've un-intsalled the app while keeping my Bridge settings and re-installed the app with no fix.

- I've un-installed the app but removed my Bridge setting and re-installed the app with no fix.

- I've purged the cache and then full preview worked until I clicked the next arrow, and then it pixelated again.

- If I take a screenshot of the screen, the pixealtion goes away but if I click the arrow to go to the next photo, it pixelates again.

I've recently updated my MacBook Pro and iMac to macOS Catalina but this problem is not happening on my iMac, only on my MacBook Pro. Please help!

75262081_552782652153402_8476010554408828928_n.jpg

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry that Bridge is showing image previews completely pixelated after the Mac OS Catalina update.

We have identified this as a known issue and working towards a fix. 

Reinstalling Bridge has helped several users as discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Bridge/Preview-Artifacting-in-Bridge-with-NEF-files/m-p/10691787#M15371

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as above. Tried installing the 2018 Bridge version, but the updated CC of this week does not allow that anymore, at least I cannot see how .... HELP!!!!

can anybody solve this problem and as I am new to this site .... has anybody answered the above note of Jessica? thanking you in advance greetings Maggie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for clarity ... this problem started after updating to Catalina and updating photoshop 2019

xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Bridge is showing image previews completely pixelated after the Mac OS Catalina update.

We have identified this as a known issue and working towards a fix. 

Reinstalling Bridge has helped several users as discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Bridge/Preview-Artifacting-in-Bridge-with-NEF-files/m-p/10691787#M153...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I stated in my original post that I already tried re-installing Bridge twice. It did not fix the problem. I hope this is resolved soon as I can't do essential work on my laptop while this is happening.

Thanks,

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jessica, I think the only solution is to downgrade Catalina to Mojave! if we have to wait for Adobe to be compatibel with Catalina we can wait till we weigh one ounce ....

wishing you the best of luck, in the meantime I am completely stressed out by missing out on work not being able to operate Bridge 

greetings xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the Bridge Catalina issues have been addressed in v10.0 which will be released early next month.

If you need early access to this release, you can sign up for the prerelease program from https://adobeprerelease.com under NDA.

Select Adobe Bridge. Once we approve your request, you will be able to download v10.0 (choose the latest drop).

Please check this build and report back.

Thanks,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good news indeed Varun! Thank you! Now I keep my fingers crossed and hope that the problems will be resolved!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Varun,

I updated to the new release of Bridge and this problem is still happening to me. This is so frustrating, I can't cull or look through files on my laptop and nothing has fixed this. Please help me.

- Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem mac osx 10.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever solved?  I still have pixelated images when doing full preview in Bridge.  Issue started a little ever I upgraded to Catalina.  Pretty frustrating.  

Can anyone help?

It's not enought that my CS6 PS is not working anymore, now this. 

Thanks

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, you do not say if these are raw images or not but if they are, first try going into Adobe Camera Raw's Preferences Go to Bridge's Preferences and just above or below them you'll see a link to ACR's Preferences

2020-11-22_14-59-52.png

and in ACR's Preferences go to Performance and set it to OFF

2020-11-22_14-58-45.png

Now, IF that doesn't stop the problem, have you given Catalina permission to access an externail drive? If not, do the following:

Open Your Mac OS Preferences and open Security and Privacy. Then lick on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator Password. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1606086127754.png

gary_sc_1-1606086127757.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has resolved itself with updates, although I don’t know if it persists with the 2019 version of photoshop. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem for the first time now in 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines