• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 Keyword Search and Default Applications

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Bridge, I was able to use keywords that include letters ş, ç, ü etc. Now if a keyword includes any of this letters, search cannot find anything. Also, I cannot use Windows Photos as a default application (for jpeg) even it’s considered default in windows settings. There is no option in File Type Associations to allow you to change jpeg association to Photos app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toynak,

That isn't a great user experience as you're facing multiple issue with Bridge, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Which version of Bridge are you using? I'd recommend that you restore Bridge preferences to default:

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you instructed, but situation has not changed. Still cannot find keywords if it includes even one of these letters: ş, ç, ğ, ü, ö. Searching keywords that does not include these letters shows no problem. In File Type Association it’s possible to browse other programs but since windows built in Photos app located in a secure file, even with the security clearance, Bridge does not evaluate Photos as a proper app. In my work laptop (OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on work laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my own laptop), File Type Association for jpeg is seen as “none” and Bridge is using Photos as default app for images. Problem with the keyword search with above mentioned letters remains same in both computers.

Version of Bridge is 9.0.3.279 x64

Thanks,

Toynak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines