• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC delay when deleting files

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Bridge since the beginning, and now I have noticed a problem unique to CC:

When I delete a file (or multiple files) in Bridge, there is a noticeable delay in the time it takes for those files to disappear from the browser panel in Bridge. Sometimes this delay takes a second, sometimes five seconds or more. During the delay, everything else functions normally and I can continue browsing files, rating images, etc... Then, when the delay completes, the files disappear and, no matter where I've browsed or what I'm looking at, the preview window re-focuses on the file right after the deleted files. This is very annoying! Basically, it requires that I wait for the delay to finish, otherwise I might end up doing something unintentional when the focus ends up jumping and perhaps I'll delete the wrong file or rate the wrong file.

Any thoughts on a solution? This is super annoying and kills my productivity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Bridge since about 2007 myself. Bridge does have some annoying habits when working with lots of files, and I often click a highlighted file or folder before applying an operation to it, just in case.

I mostly sort images in the Content panel by Filename. I originally used Date Created, but I found that Bridge often momentarily forgot dates, and the order changed while it remembered them again. Also, when working on selections produced by a search, deleting a file can cause the whole panel to reload.

There was something else I thought of, but I've forgotten it now. I'll report back if I remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed - the sorting feature also has been glitchy for me for years now. I like sort by creation date but then if I add a rating or do almost any edits, the order gets completely screwed up randomly.

And as for your advice to select a file before applying an operation, if I've deleted a file and then selected a different one, it doesn't matter. At some random number of several seconds a different file will be selected and the operation I'm attempting to apply may apply to the wrong image. Another fantastic bug from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the problem with Bridge, I think, is that it hasn't had much in the way of resources dedicated to it since it first appeared. Adobe announced last year that they had a new team working on it, but I haven't seen much in the way of advances yet. I half-expected it to be dropped, to be honest. Since making it an optional application, I've found that quite a few people have never seen it and don't know what it does.

It made the transition to a 64 bit application with a new database engine a while back, but I wonder how much care was taken over adapting it to other modern technologies, like multi-threading. I've recently been doing a lot with large collections, and Bridge is painfully slow to update these. Modern computers should not be struggling with this sort of thing. It must be the programming. Re: Slow performance, working with large numbers of files

I hope this new Bridge team take a look at improving its performance by reevaluating some of its old programming, which is overdue for an overhaul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found a small workaround because as of this date (April 11th, 2020) the problem is still there.

The only way I've found is to rate all the pictures you want to delete with 1-star, set the filter to show only non-rated photos. This way, the moment you click 1, it will make the file disappear instantly. Yes, you still have, at the end, to filter all 1-star photos and delete them, but it's easier this way.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines