• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Crashing and the lack of customer support is astounding

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge program has been crashing and freezing consistently for months. I have done everything the articles on the Adobe website suggest and have read through a lot of the user comments in this forum for help, but nothing has worked. I reached out to customer support today for assistance because I'm at my witt's end and was shocked by the lack of support I received. It took almost twenty minutes just to get a clear response from a customer support employee to begin troubleshooting my issues. I repeatedly asked for a contact phone number so that I could expedite customer support, but was not given one, instead I was sent a number of articles, which I had already read and did not help my issues. The communication was sporadic and unhelpful and nothing was resolved. I am completely frustrated at this point and still don't have a working system. If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it. 

I use Adobe Bridge to color correct camera raw files. It can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for me edit a handful of images because Bridge freezes and crashes so much as soon as I grab and open my files. I am using the updated version of Bridge on the Mac CatalinaOS. I've tried different versions of the program, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. I've called Apple care as well, and nothing has worked. I'm working on a new computer and did not have these issues on my old computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanna,

Gosh, I'm very sorry to hear all this. [note: I do not work for Adobe but do try to help in these forums when and where I can.]

I do need some information: what is your OS (and what release), and what version of Bridge are you using (and what release)?

Needless to say, I have no way to see any past contact or information you've supplied to Adobe so if I'm asking for things that have already been asked, it's becuase I do not know what has been asked already.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying. This is actually Amelia, I'm Joanna's assistant and have been trying to fix this problem for quite a while. My OS is Catalina on an iMac and I'm currently using Bridge 10.0.3. Any help you can provide would be so appreciated.

Thanks again!
Amelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amelia,

While there have been a bunch of issues with Bridge, crashing has not been out in front. Because of this I wonder how much of your issues are due to something with your Mac more than "just" Bridge. I'm going to put out a number of things to try/check, you may have already done some (or all) of these so forgive me if I'm repeating anything here. I do not know what you've done.

So here's a list of things to try, I DO NOT KNOW if any of these will fix your problem BUT they cannot hurt and may only take some of your time.

Rebuilt Bridge's Preferences

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2009/10/resetting_bridges_preferences.html

Run Disk Utility on your Mac

How to repair your boot disk/startup disk with Disk Utility
  1. To start in Recovery Mode press cmd+R when you start up your Mac.
  2. Once your Mac has booted up you will see a Utilities screen. Choose Disk Utility.
  3. Select the disk you wish to repair from the menu and clink on First Aid.

Start up in Safe Mode (Note: I was having a number of small issues with my Mac but I then had a weird one that led me to contact Apple. They had me start in Safe Mode which peripherally does some internal structural repair on a Mac. This fixed my big issue and also fixed some of the small issues I had as well.)

To start up in safe mode:
  1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. ...
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

Meanwhile, have you done any of the "Permission" issues required in Catalina? If not I'll add that to things to do (this is already getting long).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all of this info. I have contact Apple Care and they said they couldn't help me, but I'll try this safe mode thing. Really apprecaite you!
Amelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might have a tech look at your computer crash logs to see where the problem is. It could be any number of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines