• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 causes internet disconnection

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a legitimate copy of Adobe Design Standard CS6 on a Windows 10 HP laptop.

Whenever I open Bridge it utterly kills my internet connection on my machine within 10 - 20 seconds. This lasts as long as Bridge is running - no browser or email client can connect outside.

When I exit Bridge, the connection comes back eventually by itself but may take a few minutes. It makes no difference if I already have another Adobe product open at the time or not (Illustrator or Photoshop etc), they do not kill the connection ever, it's only when Bridge opens that the troubles start. I have run this suite on another machine previously with no troubles.

I have:

• Closed all other software
  • Cleared the cache
  • Uninstalled and then re-installed CS6 suite
  • Run the troubleshooter on Windows internet connections - no issues found
  • Ensured Bridge is ticked for Firewall access in Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

jbm007 v.poth

• Wifi drivers have been rolled back, uninstalled, reinstalled and also updated with  Windows versions and when that did nothing, the original vendor versions - did nothing to help also.
  • There are no startup scripts running - all disabled.
  • There no VPNs installed on the machine

To get me functional again I'm now running XnView. It works well, and, with GhostView installed I can view and launch .ai files, and use ftp without closing the app, which has been my main concern about Bridge cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing Kaspersky software for 10 minutes, run Bridge and the see if you loose Internet connectivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but no go there. I've actually completely uninstalled Kaspersky and gone with the default Windows Defender to see if it makes any difference - Bridge still knocks the wi-fi completely out, will not allow a reconnect.

The ethernet is not affected however, Bridge works like a charm with that, it's only on wi-fi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the first person ever that I know of that has that issue.

Never heard of this issue and unless there is a driver conflict somehow don't even know how it it could happen.

Did it happen with older versions of Bridge?

Can you R-click the Bridge icon and select "trouble shoot compatibility" ?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run this up the flag pole with a couple of friends to see what they think.

Will get back to you.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I'm wondering if it may be an issue somehow linked with using Cisco Any Connect to ftp a Publisher's site.

I download licensed fonts from their server and activate them with Font Explorer Pro. Perhaps there's a 'link' issue for some weird reason now set up in Bridge and my wi-fi gets killed (as it does normally while I'm on Cisco...)

Anyway, I'm flat out today and won't have a chance to check by uninstalling Cisco and Font Explorer until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I uninstalled both Cisco and Font Explorer, plus deleted any registry entries for both, but still no joy.

Really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

maybe if you haven't tried it already, try disabling the startup script that allows Bridge to communicate with other applications in the Preferences. Also check if there are any other scripts installed and enabled that are not listed there by default. It seems that Bridge accesses some program that blocks your W-Lan.

Just an idea, maybe it'll help.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it.

Those scripts just call api from other application and and are not

hardware based.

//###########################################

//# AddMenuItemHDR2

//###########################################

function AddMenuItemHDR2() {

}

AddMenuItemHDR2.prototype.run = function()

{

if ( !this.canRun() )

return false;

MenuElement.create( "menu", company, "-after submenu/Cache",

menuID_menubar );

var hdr2_alertCommand_menubar = MenuElement.create( "command",

hdr2_entry_merging, "at the end of " + menuID_menubar,

hdr2_menuID_menubar_command1 );

hdr2_alertCommand_menubar.onSelect = function( m ) {

if ( ! ( OpenInPhotoshopHDR2( "merge" ) ) ) alert(

hdr2_error_merging );

}

var hdr2_alertCommand2_menubar = MenuElement.create( "command",

hdr2_entry_tonemapping, "at the end of " + menuID_menubar,

hdr2_menuID_menubar_command2 );

hdr2_alertCommand2_menubar.onSelect = function( m ) {

if ( !( OpenInPhotoshopHDR2( "tone" ) ) ) alert(

hdr2_error_tonemapping );

}

return true;

}

AddMenuItemHDR2.prototype.canRun = function() {

if ( BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) {

if ( ( MenuElement.find( menuID_menubar ) ) && (

MenuElement.find( hdr2_menuID_menubar_command1 ) ) && (

MenuElement.find( hdr2_menuID_menubar_command2 ) ) ) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

return false;

}

if ( typeof( AddMenuItemHDR2_unitTest ) == "undefined" ) {

new AddMenuItemHDR2().run();

}

Worth checking though.

Might be worth also having him check to see if there is a update for his

wifi interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbm007 v.poth

• Wifi drivers have been rolled back, uninstalled, reinstalled and also updated with  Windows versions and when that did nothing, the original vendor versions - did nothing to help also.
  • There are no startup scripts running - all disabled.
  • There no VPNs installed on the machine

To get me functional again I'm now running XnView. It works well, and, with GhostView installed I can view and launch .ai files, and use ftp without closing the app, which has been my main concern about Bridge crashing out the wifi.

In a month or two when I have the house wiring and cabling upgraded I'm going to just run from an ethernet cable and go back to Bridge (if XnView works out long term I may not have to).

Thanks for looking into it all - much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to let you know.  I have this problem as well, on my cheap as dirt HP laptop with Win10.  It was driving me crazy.  I'm fairly computer saavy, and I went through all the HP troubleshooting, windows troubleshooting, driver updates, etc and everything kept telling me the connection to the router was OK, but connection to outside wasn't.  Yet all other devices in the house had no issues, and my Google Wifi router status was all green with 57Mbps connection to the outside world.

Quite by accident I noticed that when I quit Bridge the internet came back.  Replicated a couple of times.  So, problem solved, uninstalled Bridge.

I have PS, LR, LRCC, but NOT Bridge all installed on another (Dell) computer with Win10, never have an issue.  The HP computer only has Bridge from the suite of apps, and it kills the internet every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for that reveal, nice to know I wasn't crazy - much appreciated. Seems HP have a design problem in some areas.

They're not the only ones in my history - my older Samsung laptop, while being assessed as perfectly fit for the Win 10 upgrade would continuously crash out at the last minute of install and revert back to Win 7 saying there was an 'error'. Seems the stock wi fi card was the cause, I replaced that with an Atheros and lo - success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Couldn't quite beleive it was caused by bridge at forst because that didn;t seem to make any sense. I even switched out my wifi adapter twice. but sure enough it always happens exactly as you describe it whenever I open bridge. So strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen witha LAN connection?

Bridge maybe using a resource in windows that crushes your WIFI driver.

If this is a laptop check to see if there is a new updated wifi adapter.

Other thing is how is Bridge 2020 opening? It needs a internet verification to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tested with a LAN. I'm on a desktop with only a wifi connection, Bridge 2020 opens fine but then the same disconnection happens a few second after opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically can't use bridge anymore, period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable your anti-virus temporarly and try to launch Bridge again.

Its a OS firewall issue.

Bridge does not disable internet connections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it. Same problem. I'm sure this isn't an intentional feature but the fact of the matter is that something about Bridge is triggering internet disconnections ( as evidenced by multiple accounts in this thread alone) and that this is a problem that occurs with no other peice of software I use. As I said, I've kind of given up using bridge on this machine anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on wifi or LAN?

Which version of Bridge are you using?

Are all your apps CS 6 applications?

Which OS?

Laptop or desktop.

There are issues here listed for different mac hines, different, OS, anmd different applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines