• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 Export Panel has stopped working overnight

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm forced to use Bridge CS6 since Adobe removed to function from CC. It's been working as expected until this morning. In the panel view, all my presets have disappeared and I can't make new ones as all the panel options are shaded out. If I right-click on an image and try to export, my presets are there but nothing happens when I choose one. Its happened on 2 separate installations so isn't isolated problem. I've restarted the software and PC and tried resetting the to factory default with ctl- alt on restart.

If anyone can suggest a fix would be great, but please dont waste your time suggesting Image processor or raw save as an alternative. Nether help work flow and stop me using Photoshop while they are processing and arntfit for purpose. Lightroom is also unusable because of the way we work.

I know its an old version but the feature is gold dust to me and saves hours per day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please click the link below for KB document for re-enabling the services in Export panel of Adobe Bridge CS6.

Export panel not working in Bridge CS6

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Fix this, Adobe!

A big thanks to SuperMerlin​ for the workaround.

We need a permanent solution though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, disappointed in Adobe's lack of response to a serious problem for the end user.

I was burned in the past when Adobe's Creative Cloud Updater 'shredded' a number of my client folders from my hard drive, with never an apology, or word one from Adobe for this particular issue.

Like others, I depend on Photoshop CS6 and Bridge's export feature to process client images, so it bothers me that they have not stepped in to even acknowledge the problem.

I for one, look forward to the day when I no longer need to rely on Adobe software and can be rid of my cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue would be unbelievable if it just happened, but when the Export panel was removed from Bridge when CC was released in June 2013.  4 years ago a lot of people, including myself complained on this page about Adobe's action.  After an Adobe administrator who was watching this page deleted two of my postings ( one because I compared them to Netscape) I began saving all the messages from people who had sent them to Adobe.  I have no idea how many complaints there have been and I have no idea how many people don't even know about this page where they could post a complaint.  

Now dayspring329 has notified us all that Adobe has put a bomb into CS6 that removes the Export panel on Oct 31 2017.  Probably done in an upgrade to CS6.

Never an explanation.

Come to your own conclusions.

If you do read my post, come back in a week to see if it is still here.    It's almost like the Russians using Facebook and Twitter for fake advertisements, etc

CHANGING THE DATE ON MY MAC does work and it's not too difficult but I have no other solutionl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone.

yes, "RunAsDate" seems to fix the problem, at least one problem.

but i have noticed that when i'm using "RunAsDate" cause other problems like : Tools > photoshop > load files into photoshop layers... this function doesn't work !!!!

when i run bridge without "RunAsDate" - tools > photoshop > load files into photoshop layers... - work perfect !

please chack your bridge program and look for other problems, i will be glad to hear about it.

We need a permanent solution from ADOBE !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, I also faced this problem and finally I got here. I changed the date and it works!! Thank you & I hope there will be permanent solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem on CS5. I spent 2 hours and got frustrated trying to resolve this problem by removing presets, folders, reseting bridge etc. Solution with changing date works as well on my PC, but this is unaccaptable. Adobe team, please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want mini Bridge back see this thread...

https://blog.igment.com/2017/11/01/photoshop-mini-bridge-empty-panel-bug/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link but that solution does not work for Bridge CS6. I don't use mini Bridge but I do use the export functionality in the main Bridge program, and that is still broken. Tonight I had to set my computer's clock back a couple of weeks in order to export 200 more photos for a client.

I hope the client doesn't think its weird the date on all of their photos is before their event actually took place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are investigating the cause of issue with Flash based panels in Bridge CS6.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Deepak. The customers here definitely deserve an answer as to what's going on, and hopefully also a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Deepak.  It would also be nice if you could explain why the Export Panel was removed from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Deepak_Gupta​,

a week has passed. Is there any progress on investigating the cause of the issue?

If you need any user input, just notify me.

Best regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that really shows the whole problem of digital data. You arrange a system that works during sometime until a company like Adobe decides that it shouldn't work anymore. At least we found that workaround but this is definitely not a long-term solution. As a customer it is important to get a certain guarantee that a software works the same way as long as one decides to change and not until this company decides you have to change your system....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need a proper solution for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid $2,000 for the annual renewal of my web site's VPS (server) on Tuesday Nov. 14, 2017 and went to upload some images that started out in Camera Raw > Adobe RGB  50MB - 100 MB tiffs > 18MB RGB jpegs. When I went to export them through my desktop Adobe CS5.1 Bridge Export Module to the 2MB sRGB files we found best suited for our Word Press site and wham, bam, thank you Madam Adobe for the kick in the proverbials and all the headbanging against my walls for 3 days and nights.  Luckily, I have an amazing IT guy who found this thread an enabled me to use the date trick to start getting some new Christmas content up there.

I shoot great CR images and make them look even better in Bridge and Photoshop using a few basic options as if I were in a darkroom where I started or exposing a chrome slide right in the first place because that's best way to shoot an image. That's my part and great love. I have a great web developer/designer, a great IT guy and I thought I had a great and reputable brand name behind me so I could just concentrate on the content. I can't believe Adobe would treat their clientele like this. It is 18-19 days since we all got cold-cocked, clipped, hit by the pitcher and the company hasn't even replied? Maybe America does need to be made great again. Bring back a few Kodak moments and Norman Rockwell covers.

But I guess it's welcome to the swamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deepak_Gupta

Its not even the panel that's the problem for me. I can see the panel but clicking: Export to > Hard Drive , does nothing at all -

No usual pop-up with settings for a quick batch export.

This is a critical function for me using bridge allowing to quickly batch export RAW into JPEG with a preset.

Needs to be fixed ASAP - It's been over a week since the initial post!

Will be contacting adobe directly to get a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "Open as layer is PS" and "Browse in Adobe Bridge CS6" (from Win Explorer) a lot.

Both don't work with the RunAsDate-workaround.

There needs to be a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Export icons have disappeared from Bridge too.  I use an iMac and CS6.

On the steps provided that fix the issue, I am unable to find the Export Panel folder.

Deepak says to find it under:

Mac: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe Bridge CS6/

I get this far:  Mac HD/Users/<me-user name> then I don't see Library.

However if I go this route I find more but the Adobe Bridge Folder or the Export Panel folder.

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

All of the other steps work.  But when I open up Bridge...I still don't have icons under the Export Tab.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the hidden files are not shown in your Mac using Finder.

Please try showing the hidden files using the steps given at page https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-library-folder-mac-3520878/

After enabling the hidden files display, please follow the steps given by me.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Bridge CS5. Export is only possible by changing the system date. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Bridge CS6. Changing the date does get the export window to come back, but won't actually export any files. It just does the blue line for a little while then pops up with the "One or more errors occurred during this process" triangle. The only detail per file is that "Bridge was unable to create a jpeg for this file." I've tried various folders and files, nearly 500 in total, and they've all failed to export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please click the link below for KB document for re-enabling the services in Export panel of Adobe Bridge CS6.

Export panel not working in Bridge CS6

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this work also for CS5, or separate files are needed?

Regards

Bernhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, it worked well for CS5 too. I have the export panel again without using RunAsDate. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you find the export panel folder in the Cs5 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines