Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge edit new-importet pictures?!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a big problem with Bridge..

All of the sudden Bridge edit all of my new-importet pictures right away?! 

Why?! And how can I remove it without opening all pictures to remove all the effects and edit, to reopen it later when I need to work on them... 

It has done it 3 times now, I've tried to remove and reinstall Bridge, but without succes.. Is it a failure on the new update?

Please tell me that someone got the same problem, and know how to fix this.... 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadja,

First of all Bridge CANNOT edit any images. It is a viewer. That's all, period. That's not saying it's not happening; it's just something that Bridge cannot be doing.

My question is how did you import the images from your camera into Bridge?

What kind of camera (phone, DSLR, mirrorless?), and do they have any automatic settings to enhance the image.

What kind of images? JPG, raw, what?

If you are using ingestion software to move the files from the camera to your computer, do you have any auto-adjust settings during the transfer?

And, for the record, what version of Bridge are you using? What version of ACR do you have installed, what is your OS, and what release?

Sorry for all the questions, but I/we cannot help you without more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Bridge for many years and never experienced this problem before. 
I import the pictures with the build in plugin for Bridge, always RAW. But now all of the sudden, as soon as they are imported they are edited (not only in the viewer) – because you can tell if you open the pictures in Camera RAW (Also as I used to work in). 

Please note: NOTHING is changed at all in my workflow. Not a new DSLR, filetype, no auto setting – NOTHING new, besides the update of Bridge. 

My workflow: import pictures with build in importer in Bridge, pick out pictures to edit - edit and safe in Camera RAW. That's it. 

Bridge version 12.0.3 .

As you can see on in the screenshot; not only in the viewer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadja,

This is very curious; thank you for the screenshot of the raw settings. The things that stick out the most from that are your Saturation and Vibrance, as well as your Dehaze setting. Almost always, when you click on Auto, both Saturation and Vibrance show negative numbers, and Auto almost always pushes them to positive values. Similarly, Dehaze has been moved (a lot), and I've never seen Dehaze moved at all by Auto.

Simply: these are manmade settings.

Do you ever use Presets?

Also, Above the Basics area, there are other tools. Can you please click on this?

2022-09-02_13-09-33.png

And then take a screenshot  of this region:

2022-09-02_13-13-40.png

And if you have any presets, please click the triangle to display them before the screenshot.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I dont use presets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines