• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Fismstrip scrolling is so glitchy, please make it smooth

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two PCs: old with Bridge 2018, that is works good and smooth even if it's running on older PC.

And new latest Bridge 2023 on new fast PC, that is not smooth ang glitchy on scrolling. And I'm asking why.

I prefer filmstip workflow with horizonlal scrolling. First: I don't see arrows for scrolling, I can scroll only by mouse wheel or by slider. Second: mouse wheel scrolling is not smooth, not intuitive, it's a bad scrolling. I want to see scrolling like in web browser: smooth and responsive. But Bridge 2023 is not smooth. Even more, when I drag slider my mouse, sometimes it's not smooth again, it's jumping. Any changes in settings for mouse in Windows 11 don't have effect on Bridge work.

When Bridge 2023 is normal? When there are about 300 RAW files in folder, then it's ok, not difficult to navigate. But if I have 3000 RAW files in folder then it's glitchy. I'm using strong PC and sure it can't be just problem that there is not enough computing power.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same issue even with the latest 13.0.1 update --- scrolling is extremely chunky and glitchy as if we are using ancient computers again before SDD's and GPU acceleration. Hard to believe that as the verrsions get higher, the performance and little things we appreciated just disappear. I am using Bridge 2018 myself still today just to avoid using any of the newer updated Bridge versions. Wish it wasn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a lot of tests I found cause of this problem. Bridge 2023 is very slow when thumbnail size is big and work normal if I set thumbnails size to small. Very simple.

I use 5K monitor so noramlly I want to make thumbnails bigger. But after a lot of tests I see that with big thumbnails filmstrip scrolling is very slow and glitchy.

It's 100% error in Bridge or in Bridge-Windows-Drivers communication. So Adobe please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines