• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Flickering

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread was closed regarding bridge flickering  (First seen Approx 1 year ago) whilst previewing images appartently lastest update sorted issue 

NOT SO its as bad as ever a epileptic seizure warning needs to be issued 

Its OK for the first 10 or so imaging then goes into complete melt down and makes viewing image impossible I know alot of customers have left and have Photo Mechanic 

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 121 Replies 121
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've combined your posts - please don't post the same topic twice to different posts. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge flickers ALL THE TIME.  I have a newer MacBook Pro.  macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.  I notice more when I hit spacebar and view the jpg images larger.   It is so frustrating as I am a photographer and spend a lot of time in this application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tk36957754,

Look, I can totally empathize with your issue as many others have made the same complaint. So you are not alone. I do not work for Adobe and cannot talk for them (and they would not tell me anything anyway). I do not know when this will be resolved. 

Please keep in mind that I always use Bridge and was on Catalina before I went to Big Sur and at no time did I ever see what you describe. However, this might also be because my workflow is different. I never press the space bar to see a larger version of my image, I see it in the Preview Panel. IMHO, I think Adobe really screwed up the default workspace. I think they wanted to show all of the Panels they had but ignored the aspect of how one might best use the contents of these Panels. 

What I did was to move the Content Panel all by itself on the right side and moved the Preview Panel all by itself in the middle. Then on the left, I have Favorites, Folder Metadata on top and then Filter, Collections, Export, Workflow, and Keywords on the bottom. What this provides me is that I can go from thumbnail to thumbnail by arrow keys and in the middle, in a much larger size (than the space Adobe provides for the Preview), is the image. If you like this, please immediately save it as a new Workspace.
2021-12-19_14-19-31.png

Now look, I know this is not what you want, the fixing of the program. But no one knows when that will happen. In the meantime, you gotta get your work done. Please try this approach and let me know if it works for you. I'm curious if this provides a temporary solution for you until Bridge gets fixed.

With computers you often have two approaches: get the job done or get the job done the way you want to get the job done. If this works for you then at least you have the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I've tried this well moved the screen about in preview how do you zoom the whole image to 100% if i click it jus brings up a small boxed area containing small zoomed in area 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whew.  Glad I saw this thread.  This happens to me on the last AND current version of bridge.  I'm using a '19 MacBook Pro w/ 64G of ram.  I need to view pictures full screen but as so many have mentioned when I get a few minutes in its like I'm being pulled over by the cops. 

I'll see if I can screen grab the next time and post.  It is crazy and a workflow buzzkill.  RC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND I'm using Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the person who originally started the thread about the flickering that happens in Bridge; the date was June 23, 2020. The case was closed with NO RESOLUTION! Here was my original post:

"Adobe Bridge 10.10.163 version flickers or blinks when viewing thumbnails in full screen mode

After the auto update of Bridge to the current version, 10.10.163, a new glitch has appeared. When I try to view the thumbnails in full screen mode, there is a flicker or blinking on the screen. When I escape from full screen mode and then return to it, the flickering may stop for a few frames but always comes back. I contacted support and was told to clear the cache and restart the computer. That did not solve the problem. It still persists. I was then told to revert to the older version of Bridge. Very frustrating to get "improved" versions that actually are anything but improved as new issues develop. I am asking Adobe to please correct this problem. Thank you."

Now, I have Bridge version 11.1.1.185, and the problems persists! I have tried viewing thumbnails in full screen mode by both the pull down menu (full screen preview in Bridge) and the space bar short cut but it doesn't make any difference. The flickering still happens. I shoot in raw mode and process files that are stored on external hard drives. I have a Mac Pro (late 2013) and my OS is Mac Mojave 10.14.6. 

I contacted Adobe by phone; I tried all sorts of "fixes" but none worked. I have learned to live with this, but sadly, it is very hard on the eyes to watch this strobe type of flickering when working on photo files. It's very unethical for Adobe to continue to treat its faithful clients with a deaf ear and absolutely no explanation or attempt to openly and honestly address this issue. What is the purpose of these "SUPPORT" communities? Isn't support supposed to lead to answers to problems, resolutions to troublesome issues? I've been seeking help for almost two years and NOTHING. Adobe, do you hear us?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, so frustrating.  I did see someone mentioned an alternative app... I'm searching for it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alot of people have said that they are done with bridge or thinking about going to a programme called PHOTO MECHANIC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely frustrating. Editing now in Bridge and flickering starts 1-2 seconds after starting in full screen. It's hard to change apps after using this one for many many years and paying for it all these years. The problem might be in our computers not so much in the Adobe App. That's why I asked about a de-bugging app for the Mac.

For examle, I have a problem where on some of the thumbprints don't show the image. Not sure what the fix is, heard it's a complicated procedure. Let me know if you know of a easy fix. This might be realted to the Bridge flicker problem (maybe)...

Thanks for everyones input!

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcel, You just said something important: "Editing now in Bridge and…." 

You cannot "Edit" in Bridge. Bridge has no editing capabilities.

Are you in Adobe Camera Raw when the flickering starts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sory, I should have said viewing in Bridge in full screen (Editing, as in narrowing down usable images). Images do not flicker in Adobe RAW. Tried calling two local Adobe numbers in Los Angeles, one is out of service, the other a answering machine. They abviously don't want to deal with us much. Too bad.

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, no problem, I just needed to verify what you were using and looking at. 

Look, there are a bunch of Mac users out there (I'm one) and some people are definitely seeing this and some (I'm one) am not seeing this at all. Perhaps if we clearly identify what kind of Mac we're using and what OS and what release of Bridge, MAYBE we can trace this down to something repeatable.

I am NOT seeing the flickering on my 2015 5k iMac 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 & Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB) with Big Sur running OS 11.6.1 running Bridge (currently using 15.1)

Please, let us know the same details I've just posted and lets see if we can see any groupings. If you're having problems finding what's in your Mac, just go to the Apple menu and select "About this Mac."

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was your post i originally saw they have done a great job of sorting out the issue havent they  its worse as now (not all the time) when viewing 100% the image flickers in and out of focus so there a cat in hells chance of culling any imases its kinda like Keep No Keep No Keep No  Give up YES  nightmare!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update @bonnieb5211667 - it's frustrating that Adobe have done nothing about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best thing would be to take one of these "TROUBELED BRIDGE COMPUTERS"  to a Adobe affice or actually have them send one of their top tech people to fiziacally work on a actual computer that displays the flickering problem.

Anybosy have the connection for this to happen? I live in Los Angeles CA. Wouldnt mind driving to a Adobe center with my 27" iMac.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I nearly had contact via email from a guy at adobe /bridge i emailed him back then surprise never heard back, this happened because i badgered/ hounded Adobe with clips of flickering etc Adobe via messenger 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that this issue has been closed by Adobe, does anyone know of a good Application that would dibug the Mac computer? The issue most likely is in our system so it would be great to run a system cleaner or such.

Thanks for everyones help in this matter.

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really aren't any legitimate "cleaner" apps on the Mac like on Windows. You can try running in safe mode to see if there might be a problem, and certainly disable any software you don't need while testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it possible that threads that have been running for 2 or 3 years on this issue have been closed but the issues still exist? Adobe need to listen to their community and fix this. Too long have we been putting up with this issue, its January 2022 and it is still a daily issue which makes the program nearly unusable. Poor form Adobe looking after your PAYING creatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its possible that Adobe can't reproduce the issue. I use Adobe software on/can test on three Macs and three Windows PCs and have never seen this problem. FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this issue on my new MacBook Pro (16" 2021) OS Monterey. Every time I moved to a lighter or darker image, the gray background in preview would flicker and change its luminance. Like a bad dissolve transition that dropped frames. Oddly, this is the first time I have even noticed it. I did however possibly fixed it, at least for my settings (see photos). I also use filmstrip that had an odd setting that was not changed by me at any point. My content tab was showing up like a folder that held the images horizontally as well as vertically. Rather than moving down the large strip left to right the content tab showed ~18 images in multiple rows rather than a continuous column. I fixed this by selecting output then Filmstrip to "reset" the settings. Like I said, this worked for me though I can see by this thread that it has been and still is an issue for many people. Let me know if this worked for you.  Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.12.11 AM (2).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.13.18 AM (2).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.13.52 AM (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines