• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge freezes on metadata screen

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When viewing thumbnail gallery I am having continual problem with pop-up file metadata freezing on the screen.  I must close the program to get it to go away.  Even if I open the photo file in PS this metadata pop-up remains as the top thing on the screen.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Sorry to hear about Bridge freezing, could you please let us know the version of Bridge you're working with?

Could you go to Bridge's Preferences > Advanced, and check Use Software Rendering, then let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your response.

My Bridge is CC subscription, 10.0.4.157.

The preference reset had no affect.

My issue is not with Bridge Freezing.  

It is the thumbnail metadata that freezes and locks as the top layer of anything on the screen including the desktop.

When hovering the cursor over a gallery thumbnail there is a pop-up box of metadata for that file.  

When you move to another image it changes for that particular file.  

What is happening is this box appears but then does not go away.  

It locks on top of everything you view on the screen, even the desktop.

I must restart the program to remove it, but another box soon returns when I get back to hovering thumbnails.

I attempted to include a screenshot but the metadate strangely enough did not tranfer with the image.  

Thank you, I anxiously await your reply.

David Hathcox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sir, it still happens.  Somehow one of these "metadata pop-up boxes" freezes on the screen.  I have to restart Bridge to clear this out.  Any further advice on this would be greatly appreciated as this quirk is very annoying as you can imagine.

Thanks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

I am still having this issue with Bridge, ver 12.0.3.270.

I have a new MBP16, and still no change.

See the screen shot for a sample of what I'm getting on my screen.

Often when I hover of a thumbnail and the data pops up it will freeze and not go away.  

This frozen data frame stays on my desktop.  When I minimize Bridge I still see it on my desktop screen and cannot be moved from its position.

I must close the Bridge program and restart it to clear this off of my desktop.

Very annoying as you can image.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines