• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Freezes - Won't Unload From Memory

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEFORE ANYONE TRIES TO TELL ME ABOUT TROUBLESHOOTING: I've tried everything I can think of including the instructions located here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regardless of the release I use -- CC2018 through CC 2019 -- after launching Bridge and editing a few images in Photoshop, Bridge eventually freezes and refuses to unload from memory or, if I can close it before it locks up, Bridge refuses to reopen (a quick view of processes shows it's still stuck in memory and can't be unloaded)

Ctrl-Alt-Delete will NOT stop the service.  Not even Windows Taskkill can stop it.  I have to force the system to reboot via the MB power switch which has the effect of screwing up my RAIDs which have to be re-verified each time

I've tried completely uninstalling Bridge including its presets and the reinstalling so quite literally, NOTHING can make this application behave

This the ONLY application that gives me any grief on this machine. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Media Encoder, Audition -- all work perfectly well.  It is only Bridge that has issues.  Seriously, why is this app so insanely buggy?

System info:

ASUS Rampage III Extreme

i7-980 Extreme 6-core CPU

24GB RAM

nVidia GTX 780 graphics card

Windows 10 64-bit Pro with all latest updates installed

Large SSD RAIDs

Latest nVidia graphics drivers are installed

Latest MB drivers are installed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about a bad experience with Bridge, as Bridge is freezing constantly and you've already tried several troubleshooting steps.
Could you please let us know if you've tried to do a clean re-installation of Bridge with the help of the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Also, could you please try creating a new user account on windows for testing purpose and let us know if Bridge freezes on that account  as well?
Steps to create a new user account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines