• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge generating 100% previews on every app launch

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to cull through my photos in Bridge using 100% previews.  When I open a folder, 100% previews are generated, and although it's slow it's worth the wait.  If I close down Bridge and then open the same folder the next day, the previews are generated again.  Is there a way to retain the 100% previews without having to generate them every time I reopen Bridge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Bridge is unnecessarily re-generating 100% previews for thumbnails each time you launch the application. Let us try to fix it. Which version of Bridge are you using and on which operating system?

Have you tried increasing the Cache size (Edit > Preference > Cache)? Perhaps newer thumbnails for other files have pushed these older ones out of the way and Bridge is moving them back to the front of the line.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the latest version of Bridge CC - version 9.1.0.338 on the latest version of Windows 10.

I have increased the size of my cache.  I have about 60,000 photos on my PC, and my cache is set to 400,000.  Under the options for preview generation, I am using "Always High Quality" and "Generate 100% Previews".

I might be editing other photos that will affect the cache, but they are usually small in number.  Will editing 100 photos necessitate that the entire cache needs to be rebuilt?  There must be a way to manage this better.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines