• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge & Generating Previews

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Bridge it seems to be constantly stuck in a never ending loop of Generating Previews. Is there a particular Preference arrangement or a certain combination of Preferences which will settle Bridge down and so that Bridge will generate previews one time and remember that a preview has already been generated for an image. Attached images show what settings are currently employed. Bridge version is v9.0.2.219.bridge 1.PNGbridge 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leeplugin,

Please let us know the number, type and average size of images in your current folder. Also how much time is Bridge taking to generate cache. Also please check if any other app on the machine is using a lot of CPU or memory.

Once preview is generated for a file in Bridge , it can be reused any number of times unless the cache is purged.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in all folders. The number , type and file sizes in any given folder either takes longer for generating preview to complete or its not as long. A folder with 500 raw images of about 36 MB each takes longer than a folder with 10 jpgs of 2 MB each. What happens is every time I open the same folder all the images have a heavy black border around them and the generating preview starts all over. I have to slowly scroll to the end of the folder for the generating preview feature to finish. This also occurs if every app that can be closed is closed.

What I gather from your response is there's a possibility that the cache is being purged every time a folder is closed. And that could be why the generating preview feature runs every time when a folder is re-opened. Is there a way to set preferences to not purge the cache when a folder is closed? If there is then I might be able to troubleshoot and see if that's a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please reset Bridge preferences as per steps below :

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

• Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Now generate cache for a small folder and let me know if the cache is being regenerated on going back to this folder.
    Also , Cache can be reused unless it is purged\deleted  in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the instructions. After everything in Bridge is wiped out I will have to reset all the preferences, windows, look of Bridge all over from the very beginning - correct? When I find the time to do all of this, just so I don't choose the wrong preference or wrong combination of preferences again,  one question about your last sentence. Cache can be reused unless it is purge\deleted in Bridge - in looking at the two images I originally attached - are any of those settings automatically purging the cache when a folder is closed or when Bridge is closed? if a person wanted the cache to be purged automatically, what preferences would be enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe support. So I've got the same problem. It's so annoying! People have to work and your improvements are obstacles for them. Think about it next time. We have no time to resolve the problem (we pay for the ultimate and working product). We have no time to learn from scratch any time when you upgrade Bridge or every other app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me.  No matter what setting I choose in Preferences the result is always the same...Bridge constantly regenerates previews and thumbnails for no apparent reason.

Last Friday I thought I had found a work a round.  I began locating clips for a project.  I sorted my clips by using the Collections feature.  Sure enough it went through the generating previews and thumbnails process.  I had about 10 Collections set up with a total of about 300 clips.  I clicked on each Collection and all thumbnails appeared instantly.  This was great!  Thought I had solved the problem. I put the computer to sleep when I was done.

Today, Monday, I went back to Bridge to add some more clips to my previously created Collections that had already generated previews and thumbnails and the process started all over again for each Collection.

Come on Adobe.  Every user is having the same problem.  Why don't you fix this?

I like many things about Bridge.  I like batch renaming, how keywords are assigned, the filters, various ways the screen can be laid out, the search features and how collections can be set up.

These are all very powerful and useful features but if you have to sit there and wait to use them cause Bridge is constantly regenerating previews and thumbnails it's not worth the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am working on a MAC Studio and have 4000 images on an external ssd. connected via Thunderbolt. I have been waiting for over 5 hours and Bridge is still generating previews. What can you do . I am desperate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you let us know the following details so we can better understand this issue?

1. About the bridge version and OS details

2. Does it work fine if you scroll to the bottom of the content panel?

3. Could you share the log files located at the following path?

MAC : ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2024/BridgeLog.log

WIN: %appdata%\Adobe\Bridge 2024\BridgeLog.log

4. Also, if possible please share the video recording in which the issue is visible. 

Please share any data or files directly with us at sharewithbr@adobe.com.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This issue has plagued me for a long time.  I just realized that in Bridge 2020 that I am using now, that if you increase the magnification of the thumbnails by using the slider at the bottom, Bridge will start to generate previews.  If you keep the thumbnails at a smaller size it will not generate the previews.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines