• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Glitch

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've come across this glitch once or twice in the past, and now I have it happening to 3 photos from the same batch. I'm not sure how it occurs, but it does.

Essentially when I go to use the spot removal tool, it doesn't work on the intended area. It'll choose some other random location from the photo, or even a location off the canvas! 

However, some areas of the photo are ok, it's really quite a mix and rather troublesome.

Even if I close the program and reopen the photo, the issue is still there. I even tried editing on another computer and the issue is still there!

I'm editing Nikon D800 files FYI. I've attached a video for you to see. I hope someone from Adobe will address this.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Have you tried converting them to dng files and working on them?

Can you upload one of the files here so we can test it?

Have you cleared ACR cache and tried the files again?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried converting them to dng files and working on them?

Can you upload one of the files here so we can test it?

Have you cleared ACR cache and tried the files again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply. I tried your suggestion, purged the cache, reset a copy of the RAW file to original raw settings and managed to get the spot removal tool to work successfully. Afterwards, I applied other effects.

I went back to edit the same area again with the spot removal tool and had no issues. 

I'm glad there's a way around this glitch, but I really wish Adobe would get on top of squashing bugs like this. With the new awkward UI, it hasn't been a fun time editing photos recently -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines