• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is a culpret

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Bridge cc 2019 is open,everyting is slow and jerkey. First noticed it after opening an image into PS from Bridge. Have to turn Bridge off in order to work in PS because the mouse and brushes are slow and jerkey.  Discovered that the same slow and jerkey is evident not only in PS but even moving around on the computer. All clears up when i shut down Bridge.  Am using Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Bridge busy indexing/caching a directory or subdirectories?

You can use Task Manager to check on memory and CPU usage etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Task Manager reveals Bridge exe.  95 to 98%   memory (private working set)  5,657,328K.  This goes on for 10 minutes before the numbers drop to 0%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i open another folder the slowdown starts again for another 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check compatibility with Windows 7. Maybe you need Windows 10 for the newest version of Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of others who run windows 7 professional, with no problems. I have read many accounts of others who have the same issue as i, however they report the problem as a photoshop 2019 problem.  Seems I am a loner out here with the problem occurring even while i browse facebook or other open web pages. I have figured out it is Bridge 2019 causing it. The prior version of Bridge did not exhibit this problem.  I guess i will just try and go back to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually on a Mac, but Bridge 2019 doesn't work there, either. Previews blurry.

Just make sure you don't lose image processor and batch...

On the mac side, Bridge 2018 ONLY works with the older version of Photoshop, 19. If you have Photoshop 20 on your system (which in itself is good), it may not connect to Bridge 8.1 (2018).

PS: We should stop using years as version... so confusing... the actual version number is much more clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files are in the directory? What is their format and size? Are you also scanning into sub-directories etc?

You may wish to look into your Bridge preferences and other settings to see if you can reduce the impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at task manager while opening folders. Seems the folders with RAW images are more of a problem.  I have many folders and lot of them are RAW files. There is definately less problem when i open a folder with jpegs. I expect RAW to take more processing power, but why did i not have the problem with the same folder in an earlier version of Bridge? C\

I have fiddled around with the preferences trying to make an improvement. I cant seem to find any explanation what the different options. Perhaps you can advise me which to pick in order to not bog down my processor.   I have lots of RAM and a pretty potent processor, and video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WilfredMichael,

In the latest release of Bridge CC, we have reduced the time taken by Bridge to generate thumbnails.

Hence when Bridge is generating thumbnails , you will see a increase in CPU usage which subsides when cache generation is complete.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines