• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is displaying incorrect resolution i.e 71dpi or 143dpi on PNGs

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as the title says Bridge is displaying incorrect resolution on PNG images - this isnt a huge issue but while trying to troubleshoot another issue with illustrator someone suggested I am exporting at the incorrect resolution - however Illutrator raster effects settings aare set to 72dpi and i amexportign at 72dpi as the artwork is clearly 72dpi when viewed within finder, explorer or photoshop - only bridge subtracts a pixel and it only does it with PNGs - please refer to the below two graphics both exported at the same time from the same graphic with illustrator using the asset export panel- Bridge clearly shows the PNGs to be 71dpi and jpeg 72dpi, however finder shows both are 72dpi and if I open the PNG in photoshop it lists it as 72dpi also. This is confusing, why does Bridge do this? 
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.32.21 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.32.15 pm.png

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue. No idea when Adobe is going to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GWATdesign,

OK, I've got it. It's a bug. Not in Bridge, but in Illustrator. I just created a rectangle in Illustrator and saved it three ways: Export for Screens..., Export as..., and Save for web...

If you select the "Save for Web..." option in the same menu option for export, you will get your 72 dpi in Bridge.

I do not know why this bug is here in Illustrator, I do not know if it makes a bit of difference (in the grand scheme of things) but it is a bug and that's how to avoid it. 

I will continue to investigate but meanwhile, you're good to go. Please let me know if this works for YOU though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines