• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is duplicating the same Raw file twice.. why?

Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This refers to an old question posted in the forum in 2012, but I can't solve it now in 2017. When I load approx 2000 files into Bridge (using Windows 10 and creative cloud)  about 20% of the raw .Nef files (Nikon) show up twice. I have done the obvious thing, i.e. purge the cache for the folder but they appear again after the purge. Very odd. You might ask why I'm not using Lightroom to view my files - well I do, but Bridge loads the previews quicker. I usually use Photo Mechanic for a first view, but I tried Bridge again just to see and something is broke! Can anyone help? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keithh,

Adobe Bridge doesn't store images as Bridge is just an explorer which reflects your operating system and shows the images stored on your computer somewhere so please check the location where the raw files are going on your computer and make sure there are no duplicates in that folder, Could you please let us know if the duplicate files have .jpg in the end or any other file name.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I appreciate that Bridge is just a file 'explorer'. My files are kept on an NAS hard drive and they are Raw files which have no duplicates in that folder. There are no jpegs. The duplicate files have exactly the same filename and extension name (.nef) as the originals and when I rate the the original  (with one star) the duplicate gets exactly the same star rating. When I look at the same files in Lightroom or in Windows explorer there is only one file, the original. Strangely these files in Bridge look like a virtual copy, but they're not.

My workflow is quite refined these days. Years ago, before Light Room I used Bridge to choose my keepers. These days I use Photo Mechanic as it is so rapid. Then the processing is all done in Light Room.

It would seem that this is e a 'Bridge' issue rather than a Windows one.

best,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share screenshots of same files in windows explorer and through Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with this girl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines