• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is trying to open wrong version of Photoshop for webp files

Participant ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a webp file through Bridge I get a Windows error that it cannot find "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019" and Bridge won't lauch the webp file in Photoshop 2022. I can open a wepb file directly from Photoshop 2022 and I can double click the file in Windows File Explorer which will open the file in Photoshop 2022. I can't get Bridge to open it. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences->File Type Associations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there already. There isn't a webp type association listed there. And I didn't see an option to add one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a solution to this problem becuase Adobe didn't provide the fix in Bridge. They added support to Photoshope for WEBP files but didn't add it to Bridge which should have been added as well. Adobe: Please add this to your bug list and hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can manually edit the Openers file, but otherwise no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines