• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge keeps losing screen settings

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer, Dell mobile Precision workstation 5530 running Win 10 Pro, and I have reset up my Adobe apps. Bridge is showing some annoying behavior: using essentials view, whenever I minimize and then reopen, I lose the preview pane, and so everytime have to drag the divider to the left to get it back. This never happened before in any of my old computers. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

TIA,

Toby

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Bridge keeps resetting its outlook unexpectedly. Which version of Bridge are you using?

Damaged preferences can cause unexpected behaviour in Adobe Bridge.
Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift or Cmd+Option+Shift until the menu appears. Select all three options-- then click OK. Let us know if that helps.

For more details, you may refer this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 10.0.2.131

I tried resetting as you instructed. Everything was reset as it should have been. However, when I minimized and reopened it appeared as wall to wall thumbnails, with no other panes or tabs showing, although I could drag the dividers on either side to recover them.

Another time I tried opening a folder with images afer doing a reset. In that case, Bridge appeared for a moment greyed out while initializing (with everything correct), then the Bridge window went black and finally opened wall to wall thumbs, as described above.

After this behavior opening from PS, I tried opening from the Windows menu. The first time I opened, it came up normally, but if I minimized and reopened, it came up all thumbs.

I have uninstalled Bridge and will reinstall after a reboot and will report back.

OK--uninstalled including removing preferences and reinstalled, rebooted, and the problem persists 😞

Some further clues: I am running a 3840 screen. If I run a 1920 screen the behavior is a bit different, but not much. In that case, after restoring from a minimized state, I have a thin stripe of tabs on the left side of the screen, nothing on the right. If I then move the divider to display the tabs on the right, minimize and restore, then I get the thin stripe of tabs on the right, and those on the left disappear. If I again make the left side tabs visible, minimize and restore, then again the right side tabs disappear. It seems that the window with thumbnails is always returning to some default width after restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you mind creating a new administrative user account(Windows) and see if the issue still persists in it? Refer the below article to know how to create a new user account/root account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines