• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge keywords stopped traveling

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating keywords on files stored on a gate Exeter always hard drive. I have everything backed up on another EHD. Recently I realized that that Copies of same files were not being updated and my keywords stopped traveling. I exported and imported my keyword hierarchical list. I updated to Bridge 9.2. But nothing is working. eould Appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

A change made to a single file is ONLY made to that file. There is no way that Bridge could know what copies exist.

If you create a new copy after making changes, the copy would include those changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Bad auto correcting. Should be

I am updating keywords on files stored on a Seagate external hard drive. I have everything backed up on another EHD. Recently I realized that that Copies of same files were not being updated and my keywords stopped traveling. I exported and imported my keyword hierarchical list. I updated to Bridge 9.2. But nothing is working. eould Appreciate any help.

also I am using latest version of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO when you apply keywords, they are not saved with the file? I'm not sure what you mean buy traveling? Only the original file that you update will be changed. Copies of that file won't change unless you apply keywords manually to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past if I changed a file, eg adding a new kegyword, it added it to every instance of that file. As I understand it, the keyword is written into the metadata. it has worked this way for me for years until about two weeks ago. “Travelling“ is a word I found on these forums to describe this. A change intge metadata of a file travels to the metadata of every other instance of the file. Are you saying it doesn’t work that way?  If not I am wondering how I managed to make it work that way before??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do keywords travel with images? Maybe I am BP it understanding it right. Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A change made to a single file is ONLY made to that file. There is no way that Bridge could know what copies exist.

If you create a new copy after making changes, the copy would include those changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MyTripUK is one of the most trusted and highly credible travel companies of the present time. We offer numerous packages of Cheap Flights from uk to Lahore. The interesting part besides the affordable rates is the superior customer service by the professional customer department. Purchasing cheap tickets from MyTripUK would provide you with a different and memorable experience that every traveler is seeking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines