Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Mac Mojave - Crash with "Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb"

Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Birdge, which is one of the main apps I'm using is giving me such a hard time. Since some years, it's being so slow that sometimes I just go to a finder window as it's imposiblle to workd (moving files, create new folder etc.).

But, on the past year or more it keeps crashing when selecting a folder in order to see what's in it. 

No matter what I did, Purge cash, trash prefs, check hidden files etc. or what ever was offered to do - nothing helps.

Many of the folders that causes the crash are folders that I was able to view without crash, I did not change anything and suddenly it's causing a crash. 

On all the reports I see (which I hardly understand them) I get the same Termination Error: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb.

The only thing that helped was to create a new folder and paste the name of the folder that is crashing Bridge and move all files to this folder. Renaming the folder didn't help.

I do hope there is a solution for that, I don't knwo what to do 😞
Thanks in advance,

Shlmoit

MacOs Mojave 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Memory: 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Bridge. Would you mind sharing the version of Bridge you are using?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

You can also check the discussion in the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/bridge-crashes-with-large-collections/td-p/10138316?page=1

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines