• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not showing previews and freezes. Unable to use the app at all!

May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge (v. 11.0.2.123) has suddenly stoped showing previews of my files and when I try to open a file the app freezes. I.e. I am unable to use Bridge at all. Also, I can see in the Activity Monitor that Bridge uses more than 100% of the CPU (should not be possible, right?).

I have purged the cache, uninstalled and re-installed the app, but to no avail.

I have the following setup:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019)
MacOS Big Sur v. 11.3.1
Processor: 3,6 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
Memory: 64 GB

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Jurjen,

I reached out to the Adobe support chat and managed to solve the problem, kind of … I got a cleaner app from them that uninstalled Bridge and cleaned up all files after it (this should of course happen when you choose to uninstall the app, but apparently it does not delete everything). After Bridge was uninstalled and everything was cleaned up after it, I installed the previous version (11.0.1.109). It seems to work fine now.  I will wait for the next version before i upgrade again, i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jurjen,

I reached out to the Adobe support chat and managed to solve the problem, kind of … I got a cleaner app from them that uninstalled Bridge and cleaned up all files after it (this should of course happen when you choose to uninstall the app, but apparently it does not delete everything). After Bridge was uninstalled and everything was cleaned up after it, I installed the previous version (11.0.1.109). It seems to work fine now.  I will wait for the next version before i upgrade again, it should be 11.0.3 or 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Deleted User 
Could you please share few details to help us debug the issue with Bridge version 11.0.2  - 

- Type of file format for which you are seeing the issue

- OS version

- System configuration

Please share a short video of the issue, you are seeing.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the help of your support chat I managed to get the previous version of bridge to work, so I do not want to install version 11.0.2 and recreate the problem. But as I recall the problem started when I was trying to rename a PDF-file in Bridge (while Acrobat was open, if that could be the culprit?). Bridge froze and I had to force quit. After that Bridge stopped showing previews of many files, as I remember it was mainly PDF:s (again, could Acrobat be the culprit?). If I tried to open one of the files without a preview Bridge froze again and I had to force quit. I took a look in the Activity Monitor and saw that Bridge used more than 100% of the CPU.

I purged the cache, reset all preferences, uninstalled and re-installed Bridge. Nothing helped.

I have the following setup:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019)
MacOS Big Sur v. 11.3.1
Processor: 3,6 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
Memory: 64 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines