• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge on PhotoshopCS^ stopped opening

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!  Bridge that came with my photoshop CS^ stopped opening.   I looked up updates and basically tells you to get new Bridge, which my system does not support.  I suspect problem has something to do with ADOBE no longer supporting FlashPlayer....    Am I at a total lose here?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Connie,

Yes, Adobe has completely shut off FlashPlayer but that should have nothing to do with Bridge failing (really). [Caveat: if you have bridge set to open to the Web Galleries, most of the pre-made galleries were Flash based and maybe it was causing this, but I do not really think this is likely.]

Adobe completely stopped supporting all CS products ending with version CS6 (I'm assuming that since the "^" sign is given when pressing the Shift-6 key, you meant CS6).

You did not state what your OS version was but I can assume it's not recent. 

However, if you do not get a new computer and do not update your computer to newer OSs you should be able to use CS6 applications for as long as nothing breaks. For Bridge to SUDDENLY stop working seems more like an issue with your computer and/or Bridge. 

Have you tried to rebuild Bridge's Preferences?
(https://jkost.com/blog/2009/10/resetting_bridges_preferences.html)

When was the last time you did any maintenance on your computer (yes, they need a bit of care now and then).

Please let us know what your OS is (and what release) and then we can see what can be done at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, I have CS 6 and am on OS Windows
8.1. I did not want to upgrade to windows 10 because I didn't want to
lose CS 6. 🙂 Yes I do a lot of maintenance, cleanup, security checks etc
on my computer, in fact, this issue started this morning after I had some
issues with just a single Windows "Update" that took forever to load. I
know I now need to have a professional come in and walk me through my
various options to expand/ upgrade / fix /whatever, which is the next step,
but I am really stumped about the Bridge issue. I have 8 bit and 64 bit
and neither will open. I will look at your link for rebuilding Bridge, but
I am a little leary of trying any "fixes" on my own now.

--
*Connie Allen*
[email removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Connie,

[First off, I just removed your email. These are public boards and ANYONE can see things like that.]

As I'm Mac based I cannot suggest any maintenance options for you.

As far as the rebuilding Bridge's preferences, it's about as safe as anything you could do on your computer byond logging in. It's one of those things that every one-in-a-while actually does help but more often than not, it doesn't. But since it's very safe, it doesn't hurt to try. 

Good luck and I hope you're able to get things going again soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary_SC for your help.   I will try the rebuild once I get some of these other computer/tech issues resolved (what comes first, the chicken or the egg!), and post the results - just in case it might help someone else out.

P.S.  Did you see that the dates on these post say 2021!?  Ha-Ha, we skipped a whole year... not sure what to think about that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh that's funny. Apparently even the forum hosting company can't wait to get out of 2020.

And again, Rebuilding Bridge's Preferences is like emptying the trash bag in your car, it will neither help nor hurt the engine.

Good luck for whatever you do (and enjoy the next year).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines