• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge only loads high quality previews

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a few days ago regarding my Bridge 2020 taking forever to load previews. Seems like the reason it's taking forever is because the previews are HR. I tried switching to Preferred Embeded but it won't switch, even though it says its on Preferred Embeded I still see all the HR previews loading hence it takes forever to generate previews. Any help would be appreciated. 

Tried all the obvious fixes, nothing is working. I'm on Win 10, 64GB Ram, Inter iCore7, 6GB Ram video 

So far tried rolling back to Version 19 of Bridge and PS, same result. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Bridge 2020 is not loading embedded previews and only high quality previews are generated causing a performance lag.

Could you please restore the app preferences to default and let us know if that helps?

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

I tried resetting, restarting, reinstalling and nothing works. Is there a Adobe Cleaner tool, maybe I have to wipe it completely and reinstall from scratch? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ran the cleaner according to the tutorial. Reinstalled everything and it's still only loading HR previews. For the life of me I don't know what else to do here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, IIRC, there is now a new size of monitor preview in 2020 to avoid having soft images when previewing them in fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm assuming there's no way to make the size small again, or whatever it was before? It's weird how long I have to wait for the previews to load now compared to before, I can't imagine how everyone who uses Bridge throughout the day, everyday, isn't hurting by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

im struggling whit the same Workflow Destroying problem, but im on a Mac Book Pro 13" early 2015 running Mojave, i got this problem since Bridge 2019.

In my case installing Bridge 2018 worked perfectly fine.

Since the 2020 update i have the problem in every version of Bridge and i can not get it running normal again.

Funny side node:

I also working on a PC running Win10 64bit, there is no Problem at all whit the embedded previews and it is actually working really fast. 

I tryed any suggested solution and i googled 2 full work days whit out any result, since 2018 worked perfectly fine i did not care anymore, but now im really f*cked. 

Any new solution would be really, really helpful. I got work to do and i want to use my macbook again

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some low perfomance for Bridge 2020. I have MacOS Mojave, Xeon 3.5GHz / 24GB DDR3 and SSD Disk, but I see only High Quality previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has the new Camera Raw 12 become even slower? It became impossible to work at all. Due to 3 thousand raw + jpeg files in the folder that Bridge is trying to read, my computer freezes for 20-40 minutes. I have intel Xeon E3-1270 (4 cores 3.5GHz), 24GB DDR3 and Intel SSD disk for my MacOS X Mojave 10.14.6 system.

I am very upset because I was hoping to get a new Bridge and Camera Raw product that will be even more convenient and faster. However, I received only freezing programs and the inability to make a selection of even 1000 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PSY_Factor,

Wait, from within Bridge you've selected 1000 raw images and are trying to open them in ACR? Are you doing that because they all need the same level/kind of adjustment?

Forgive me but if that is in fact what you're trying to do, that's not a good use of your system and/or images. 

Let me provide an alternate way to do the same thing that will not bring your system down on it's knees: 

1) Select one image and make all of the adjustment you think are good sample corrections (as opposed to very specific corrections for that one image). 

2) Close the image by clicking "Done."

3) In Bridge, click on that one image and press "Option/Command (or At/Control)-c"

4) Now, again in Bridge, select all of the other images and press "Option/Command (or At/Control)-v"

The adjustments will now filter through the rest of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gary_sc.  Not. I write that when I open the folder with my new photos before I can work with them, I need to spend a lot of time for Bridge to create thumbnails and preview images. I am not trying to open my 1000 (or 3000) photos to apply the settings in Camera Raw. I know the way you are suggesting. A few years ago, the Bridge program had a counter and showed how many files remained to make previews and thumbnails. However, it was removed and now you can sit and wait indefinitely = (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hi PSY_Factor,

OK, thank you for verifying what's taking place.

Yes, the removal of the counter was a very poor choice by Adobe, Many many people are complaining. Please make your own complaint here so that it might be added (if you do not comment, they will not know) Adobe Bridge Feedback - UserVoicehttps://adobebridge.uservoice.com

OK, several thoughts here: even if Bridge was lightning fast, 3000 images in one folder is a lot. Is there any way you could break this down into smaller sets (like maybe 500?)? Does it absolutely need to be all 3000 images in one folder? Bridge has never been happy with thousands of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have no idea what I should do when I bring files from one or more surveys in a day. I have from 500 to 5000-8000 files per day or several days. Breaking up 500 files will only greatly complicate my workflow, confuse me and not be needed in principle. Photo Mechanic easily copes with so many files, shows previews from raw images and does not require such a huge amount of time (20-50 minutes) to start my work. So many files of one folder I need to make the first, second, third and further how many are required, selections of photos. Next, I work with selected images, which are usually from 50 to 500 pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My heavons, what a load of images (good thing that electrons are free!).

I'm sorry, I do not have any suggestions at this point. While I have nothing to do with Adobe, I do know that Adobe folks do look at these forums and hopefully this might dope-slap them into handling this number of iamges in a more efficient manner.

I'd also suggest laying out these details (your workflow demands) into that link I previously pointed out.

Adobe Bridge Feedback - UserVoicehttps://adobebridge.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the "Quick view by embedded images" checkbox, however, the Bridge creates new previews every time, spending my time on this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI PSY_Factor,

Can you please reiterate exactly what you are trying to do? 

Are you trying to open EVERY image in a folder with ACR or just looking at every image in a folder in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to preview images (by pushing spacebar) in Bridge, my screen gets crazy. It looks like my computer is going to explode.

Please repair this bug. I work on a MacbookPro with MacOX Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of several things here, but see if you have this set on your Bridge's Preferences.

Let us know if this helps

2019-11-20_10-09-33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think PSY_Factor's issue is similar to mine. It doesn't matter how many raws are in a folder, there is no speed difference in loading "Preferred Embedded" or High Quality on Demand or Always High Quality previews.  It just takes Bridges much longer to load previews now in the new Bridge than it did before. Nothing seems to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. In the new Bridge 2020 and Camera RAW 12, photos are prepared for work unimaginably long. Several times slower than in slow Bridge 2019 and Camera RAW 11.4. I get constant hangs on my system when I try to do work in Bridge 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted that Bridge very slowly works with files, in principle, with any. Slowly reads data from files in the file system, writes slowly. It doesn’t depend on which media I use HDD or SSD. Even on a very fast SSD with a read / write speed of 1500/1500 MB / s, file operations occur at the same speed as with a slow SSD, which is 400/400 MB / s. And this is only slightly faster than operations with 150/150 MB / s HDD.
When can we wait for fast work with the MacOS file system? When can Brisge be as fast as Photo Mechanic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines