• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge open pictures in wrong version of photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is opening my Nikon NEf images from Camera Raw into Photoshop 2020 instead of Photoshop 2021. I have checked the file associations in Bridge preferences ad they are set to Photoshop 2021. JPEGs open in the correct version but not Nikon NEF. Any ideas what I can try to fix this?

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

OK, let's try this: rebuild Bridge's Preferences:

Here’s how:  When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my previous post, when I open a Nikon NEF file directly in its folder it opens into Camera Raw and then when I open it from there it goes into Photoshop 2021 as it should. But when I open it from Bridge into CR and then photoshop it launches PS 2020 even thought he file association in Bridge preferences is set to PS2021

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jez,

IF you are on a Mac, this is an issue that as far as the Mac is concerned, the last application installed is the dominent one. To solve this, first verify which is the default application on your Mac. To do this click on either a raw image or a jpg in the Finder and do a Command-i. This will pop up an Information window on the left side of your screen. On the very bottom-middle of that window.

2021-02-12_09-18-47.png

If you see 2020, than switch it to 2021 from the dropdown menu AND click on the "Change All..." button just below this. You may need to do this for both JPGs and raw images. You'll have to experiment.

If this doesn't work, than uninstall 2021 and reinstall it over again.

Let us know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary thanks for your reply. I still have the problem that opening images from Bridge into Camera Raw and then opening from there into Photoshop launches PS2020. The Mac is set to open images in PS2021. The Bridge prefs are set to open in PS2021. If I open a Raw image by clicking directly on the file in Finder it launches PS2021 as it should but if I go through Bridge it launches PS2020!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let's try this: rebuild Bridge's Preferences:

Here’s how:  When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

your suggestion seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks for your help

Jez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

I tried your suggestion about resetting the preferences and purging the cache but it doesn't work on my computer. I have Bridge 11.0.1.109 and I am on a recently updated version of Windows 10.

I am considering uninstalling PS 2020 but I'm worrid that I may make the problem worse

I hope that you can help - it's very frustrating

All the best

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for letting us know you're on a PC, let me send a request to a PC friend of mine who may be better able to help. (FWIW, I really doubt reinstalling would make it worse. The only bad thing that reinstalling could do would be to waste some time but nothing more.)

I'm off to send the request now, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install PS 2021 to add the script links into Bridge 11.0.1.109.

Will will lose your ability to open files in PS 2020 so best to uninstall it if you can use PS 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have PS2021 installed but bridge keeps on opening files in 2020. When I tried to change the file associations, it just resets them back to 2020. I thought of unistalling 2020, but I'm worried that it may lose the link entirely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great. But that is not what needs to happen.

The windows registry is buggered up now.

You need to uninstall PS 2020 and PS 2021.

Use the Adobe creative cleaner tool.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

And then this is a important step. REBOOT your machine.

You then need to reinstall PS 2021 to get it to work right.

PS 2021 will install a script file in Bridge to create the required link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered I had the same problem today. Instead of uninstalling 2020, I tried Bridge with PS 2021 already opened and it worked.
A slight inconvience but better than uninstalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the same issue.  Bridge opens PS release 21.2.11.

Opening PS directly gives me PS release 22.5.0.

And as user jertner states, opening up PS before Bridge does seem to be a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up.  I am on Win 10. As stated earlier, I was having the same issues, launching 21.2.11 instead of 22.5.0 from Bridge.

I did find however, that my Bridge->Preferences->FileTypeAssociations were pointing to Adobe Photoshop 2020 and not to Adobe Photoshop 2021.  By changing my FileTypeAssociations to 2021, I am now correctly opening Photoshop 22.5.0 from Bridge.   Do note that if you browse for Photoshop 2021 from the FileAssociations menu, the first hit will be a folder and not the executable.   Drill down to the .exe file.

My change seems to have stuck, including a full reboot, so I'm very hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines