• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge opens wrong image(s), randomly switches to Photoshop desktop (all recent CC versions)

Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one or five updates ago Bridge CC (Windows 10) has been all new wonky--it does this on both a Ryzen and Intel computer, so two distinct installations. I only use raw images. Bridge will frequently open the wrong image. That is confirmed by closing the converter and seeing that the image I indeed wanted to open is still framed as the chosen one--having just happened for umpteenth time that is the reason for this post. Or Bridge will open more than one image sequentially but, again, closing the converter finds but one thumbnail image outlined as selected. Last but not least annoying is that while pulling on the slider or paging through thumnails (Bridge is in thumbnail view mode) the already open PS desktop is invoked/switched to--the mouse cursor could not have accidentally slipped to the PS icon because I removed the icon from the taskbar to test that.

The Intel installation is actually recent so uninstalling and reinstalling ain't gonna do nothing.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try updating Bridge to version 11.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

If that doesn't help, then please try resetting Bridge's preferences and let us know how it goes: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on a Macbook. If Adobe can't keep all the bugs out of CC,  Just re-issue CS 6 and stop charging us a subscription for buggy software. I am an educator and our school spends lots of money for these licences. It's getting really tiring. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @barnesfoto As I read the original post, I knew I could offer no help because the user was on Windows, and I'm a Mac guy. 

But you're also on a Mac, and I've NEVER EVER seen anything like what you're describing.

Please let me know if you're on a new M1 or M2 MacBook or an Intel MacBook. Also, what is your OS? (I am on an M1, and I'm using 13.4.1)

FWIW, I am finding this new Bridge very fast and efficient. While I certainly would like a few things to be adjusted and/or updated, I'm not having any major issues at all. I know that doesn't make your experiences not relevant, I'm just pointing out that not everyone is jumping up and down on Bridge. I hope you understand the distinction I'm making. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
hello,
M1 system 13.0.1
Just had this happen recently. It's the newest bug in a series, but I have
not had as many on the laptop as I have on the school Imacs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines