• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Photo Downloader does not retain settings

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photo Downloader used to retain the settings from the last time it was used. Now, it goes to the default settings and new settings including copyright have to be put in every time it is used.

Is there a way to get the Photo Downloader to retain settings again?

I'm using Adobe Bridge CC 2019 ver. 9.0.2.219

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Soooo...I'm not a code propellerhead, but I decided to do some detective work based upon what's happened before.

Before I divulge, here's what I did to get preferences back (note this is for Windows 10; I can't speak on how to do it for Mac but I'm sure someone can pipe in on where the location is):

On Windows 10, in Windows Explorer, go to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

(If you don't see it, the AppData folder is hidden by default, because companies like Microsoft don't think you should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

I am running Windows 10 Pro (1909.18363.535) and using Adobe Bridge CC 2020 (10.0.1.126).

I too was having a problem with my settings not saving, and though I tried both proposed suggestions (creating folder within user profile) I found that I was able to solve it with a quicker solution, just lauch the application once with "run as administrator".  Even though I am the only profile on my machine with UAC turned off, things still need admin elevated permissions if you are not using the built in A

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  I usually put in the cd card to a reader, and it automatically launches Adobe Photodownloader.  At present it does not remember where I want the files saved to.  It wants to save them to my C Drive, and I only use my C Drive to run software programs.  I must manually change the location to an external hard drive, but the downloader will not remember the file location.  I must select it each time.  This is not a ball breaker, but it is annoying. 

PS: I use Snagit and have for years and I too love its functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2021 user here from a clean OS install, and I just got this to work by creating the "Bridge CC 2019" Folder in AppData. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for Bridge CC 2021 is the following (on Mac):

In the Finder, hold the option key and head to your GO menu. You’ll see Library. 
Select it ( without the option key it is invisible!)

In Library, go to Application Support, then Adobe. Create a new folder and call it Bridge CC 2019. Restart Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rickburress When I went to Libary, there was already a "Bridge CC 2019" as well as Bridge CC 2020 and Bridge CC 2021.
Are you instructing to replace it fresh?
And what should be done with the other folders?

LMK

Thanks,

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KEEP the other folders.

Go ahead and delete your Bridge CC 2019 folder and create a fresh on, yes.

Keep me posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

This definitely helped and fixed the Downloader to retain its settings.

It may have improved the downloads from quitting out either midway thru the selected or only a few in, however downloading from my iPhone remains unpredictable (I never choose more than 50 or 100 of the most recent to download at once).

My THOUGHTS for that unpredictability/malfunction is as follows:

• The overall volume of photos stored on my iPhone is quite large, over 14,000. However that shouldn't affect my selecting and downloading the most recent(?)
  • Deleting some of the photos on the iPhone prior to the download - maybe downloader senses a break in the inherent image numbering(?)
  • Editing/cropping photos on iPhone prior to download. This shouldn't affect anything. Downloader likes to download the original as well as the editted version.

I will continue to see how this all plays out working from my iMac OS Big Sur now instead of the MacBook Air OS Mojave and update this if there are any new discoveries.

Best, 

SH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem seems to be solved in the 2022 Version!

Hi all,

after 2 Years of being angry about this, because I hadn´t come across this Discussion here, I happened to check for updates 2 days ago and got the 2022 Adobe photography package installed on my WIN10 PC, which apparently was due to a mistake at Adobe and only possible for a very short time, before being taken out again, but apparently the official release is due today.

My first look showed, that not only does the Photo Downloader retain my settings again, it even shows the miniatures of Panasonic RW2 raw files which have been around for years but could never be previewed  in the Downloder. The one problem I found was that I cannot get it to open Bridge and the new folder automatically, after the download is complete, allthough the little option box still exists.Someone in another discussion told me that my "unofficial" version had not all functions, which is why it got taken down again.

Anyway - there is hope.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  My 2021 version that I hacked to get working is gone, and 2022 is here with the same damn problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to downloader in the latest for 2022, retaining the settings is working fine on both my macs (one has OS Monterey and the other Big Sur). It even retains some advanced renaming settings that I hadn't explored in the past.

ONE THING TO TROUBLESHOOT is at first the advanced download view automatically showed from newest to oldest image on my phone. Then, inexplicable it reversed from oldest to newest, which is very in convenient (having many photos and they take time to preview to select what to download).

Oddly, my MacBook Air shows oldest to newest by day, however within the day it starts with the first taken.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER ARE THERE CONTROLS TO SET THIS PREFERENCE?
I moused around some and googled but have not found them yet.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo downloader latest update (for windows) also shows the thumbnails in oldest to newest order. Stupid. Adobe is so stupid. Why would anyone want the oldest to be at the top? They need to revamp the photo downloader with a whole new architecture. I am convinced they want everyone to migrate to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for awhile and I'm so tired of it. I run a Mac and tried the tricks I read on here they didn't work. Did Adobe fix this problem I'm so tired of selecting the folders every time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Dec 2022, the Adobe Photo Downloader on my two computers are retaining their settings. I use Bridge 2022, however, keept the Bridge CC 2019 settings in my Library which seems to help retain the download settings.

HOWEVER,
one lists photos in newest to oldest (OS Monterey)
the other lists oldest to newest (OS Big Sur)

Altho this may not be OS based problem, I am now experimenting with copying the settings in my Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC 2019 folder.  

Any thoughts or suggestions?  Might this be a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should be ashamed of themselves for this to have gone on so long and so often. Don't they test their software before they release it? Where is the quality assurance? Where is pride of work? Before I retired I use to manage software development. I would have fired people that worked for me and released software with these kinds of repeating problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again with Bridge Beta 14.0.0.94. *sigh* How does stuff like this get fixed, then broken again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines